Paypal wont mail Debit card to PO Box.

ur12vman
New Community Member

I just received a notice that my paypal debit card needs to be renewed, however a new paypal policy prevents them from mailing a debit card to a PO Box.  Pardon me?  My 2 banks send me credit cards and debit cards to my PO box, the US Government sends my tax returns there.  The county sends my Concealed Weapons license there.  What makes Paypal so security minded that they cannot send me my new debit card?  The supervisor (took three days to get a call back) Tamera, ID # 2396 says that she is the manager of the debit card dept and that there is not anyone above her who can make an exception to the policy.  Someone made that policy and someone can make an exception to it.

What kind of insanity is this?  Is Paypal saying that they cannot trust a federal government facility?  Houses have open mailboxes out front, my PO box is locked with a key.  Paypal says the policy is for security reasons.  Maybe they should make everyone come to California to pick up the card in person and do a retinal scan or DNA test. 

Has anyone else found a way around this problem?

Login to Me Too
40 REPLIES 40

Freight_train
Contributor
Contributor

Ya

It's a smoke screen.

They won't mail it to my permanant address either!

They wouldn't send out a replacement card for one you report lost even with a gun to their heads.

Heheh

Plastic expenses must be killing them.

Or, the effort is just too great.

Who knows what the problem is but if your trying for a replacement card, forget it.

Train

Login to Me Too

JaneB

I have the same problem.  My official address is my PO box and if something comes to my street address, it gets sent  to my PO box but PAYPAL said they would not forwrd any mail.  This is an AFFRONT.  Even PAYPAL itself has a PO BOX.  I'm hoping people will get together and start a CLASS ACTION SUIT against PAYPAL.

It's not as if anyone can open a PO Box.  You have to show ID and other forms of identification to open one.  PAYPAL claims that thier are many frauds using PO boxes and that's why they changed the policy.  However, what they need to do is granfather in members who they know are not frauds and who have been using PO boxes.

Login to Me Too

D1X1E
Contributor
Contributor

Yes! Same here. My pp debit expired last month. I called to see why I didnt receive a new card. Was informed they no longer mail to PO Box  My first pp debit came to PO box. My bank card and another credit card go to po box. So.. they cannot be used to verify home address and bottom line is I cant get a new pp debit card. I came to this forum hoping for a solution, maybe someone else had some ideas but I guess we are in the same boat.  I liked having instant access to my paypal funds using the debit card. Another stupid Federal regulation that makes no sense and solves nothing.

Login to Me Too

Cyndilou

If it is a federal regulation why did I just get a new credit card from Sears and my Credit Union to my PO Box?

Login to Me Too

fozlum
New Community Member

Postal regulations state that all mail be delivered to the address IMMEDIATELY above the City, State Zip code line.

Fozlum

2222 North Adrian

Box 786657667

Anywhere, TX

The mail would go to the PO Box...the street address would be ignored.  Avoid use of letters PO as PayPal computers are programmed to catch that and cause you grief.

Good luck.  There are far greater problems with PayPal than receiving a debit card...believe me.

Login to Me Too

hotrod4x5
Contributor
Contributor

This is interesting and I wonder if it is why I am having a problem changing my zip code associated with the card.  You know, when you pay at the pump, they want a zip code.

I moved to a community that has no street delivery, we all have PO boxes.  I changed my address but when I pay at the pump, my new zip code comes up invalid.  I still have to use my old zip code. 

I am going to try the box 123456 solution and see if that works. 

Login to Me Too

kissylite
Contributor
Contributor

I am having the same problem. I can't use my physical address because my mail carrier keeps my mail or sends everything back. So I had to get a po box. I feel very safe with the po, but not with the mail carrier. I even tried to have the debit card sent to my daughter's address. They won't let me put that address in. If anyone knows an answer to this, lrt me know.

Login to Me Too

ekeby
Contributor
Contributor

read my comments (and the others) on this thread. I have solved it by changing my paypal mailing address to include the street address of the actual post office where my box is. For example

My Name

123 Broadway

Box 456

Anytown, USA 123456

Someone else here pointed out that the mail must be delivered to the destination listed on the line immediately above the city, state, and zip. I had done my address all in one line (123 Broadway, Box 456) and that worked too.

Login to Me Too

Kendra2010
Contributor
Contributor

I've spent literally hours trying to get this issue resolved with Paypal.

I use my PO Box for my tax returns, my credit protection service and every other financial and legal document out there.  PayPal refuses to send my new card there.  They don't care if I live in a rural area where you can't see your mailbox from the front door.   They don't care if my card is more secure behind a locked box in a government office. 

To add insult to injury, PayPal forced me to chage the mailing address for one of my credit card statements (to the residence I'm staying TEMPORARILY) so it could be verified as a "real" address.  They somehow had part of the physical address combined with PO Box.   A month later, I still have no PayPal card. 

When I called them back I was told there was a problem with the first card (because I'd changed it to the physical address as PayPal told me to -- and what PayPal now had on file was the weird half physical/half po box address that now doesn't match the new credit card address that THEY told me to CHANGE).  They told me I'd have to change the address on a SECOND credit card. OMG!!

So let's review - for my OWN SECURITY PayPal has forced me to change the mailing address on one card, is mailing a debit card to the same temporary address and is now making me change the address on a SECOND credit card - seriously opening me up to fraud and identity theft. ????

The rep told me that most identity theft occurs with PO Boxes (no matter that I've had the box for TEN years and PayPal has had that address on file for me for EIGHT YEARS).

Meanwhile you can go out and rent a Mailboxes Unlimited PO Box  that gives you a FAKE physical address and allows you to easily steal someone's identity, because, in keeping with PayPal's rules, you now have a physical address. 

The bad guys will always find a way to steal and benefit. STOP penalizing honest folks who have been with you for YEARS.

Login to Me Too

jmonson
Contributor
Contributor

You're asking for me to update my mailing information because I have a PO Box and PayPal can no longer ship Debit Cards to PO Boxes.  All good and fine.  However, you're asking me to add another address that coincides with one of my other Credit Cards.  The problem is, all of my credit cards have my PO Box for my billing address.

PayPal didn't see this as an issue?  Come on, you guys.  This is frustrating. 

What should I do now? 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.