i keep getting this error! please help

mawadg
Contributor
Contributor

i keep on getting

Error Code #10417 and i want a know whats the problem!
please help, thanks in advance
Login to Me Too
6 REPLIES 6

davicalixto
New Community Member

I have the same problem! Please, someone tell me what to do! I love the PayPal services! And I want keep telling people just good things about you guys!!! Please, help!

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Andy

mawadg and davicalixto- 'allo.  Check out the solution here for an explanation of what's happening.  This actually isn't an 'error' and we're working on the messaging so there's less confusion.  And davicalixto, we like you telling people good things about us too. 😄

Andy

Login to Me Too

mahanimoleque

dear andy,

i have read through your solution but sadly i dont know what to do because i still have that error coming, i know i am not alone Smiley Sad

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Andy

Sorry if the answer on the other post wasn't clear enough.  Lemme try and resolve that issue right here.  The 10417 "error" isn't actually an error.  PayPal's Security Model is looking at your payment and denying it.  There are many different things that it's looking at, so you would need to give our customer service a call so we can look at it and maybe give you some options, but in most cases, we have NO way to get around our security model.  We are working on better messaging so the situation's less confusing, but for all intents and purposes you won't be able to make that payment. 😞

Andy

Login to Me Too

Iron_Jag
New Community Member

I HAVE THIS SAME ERROR!!!! why does it do this at the time when i REALLY need to pay for something? -.-

Login to Me Too

Skygazer22

Yeah, I'm having the same problem. First time I buy something on ebay and in the end of the transaction appears this.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.