auction listing removed after auction item has been paid for because of hijacked account

catsunderstars
New Community Member

i bought a dvd set on ebay with buyitnow and the seller was not the seller but another ebay seller using anothers account.

i learned this by crossreferencing the ebay invoice info with the email adress of the paypal reciept.

now i filed a claim dispute with ebay... and the have since closed it . i cant reopen it because ebay doesnt recognize the sale because the listing has been withdrawn. i'm so frustrated. i have a unauthorized usage claim with paypal pending,

but thought it would be helpful to provide these 2 emails to support the case, i cant for the life of me figure out how to do this. evrything is so automated, and even when i call paypal, its automated. i really think people that abuse the system should be permanently banned. i would like my 120.00 back. its insane.

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

tr_right
Contributor
Contributor

When you call, I'm pretty sure you can press 0.  I know I am having a similar problem, I emailed paypal and told them my whole story, but received an automated message telling me to call. I called and went through a bunch automated questions.  I need to send emails for proof as well!

@catsunderstars wrote:

i bought a dvd set on ebay with buyitnow and the seller was not the seller but another ebay seller using anothers account.

i learned this by crossreferencing the ebay invoice info with the email adress of the paypal reciept.

now i filed a claim dispute with ebay... and the have since closed it . i cant reopen it because ebay doesnt recognize the sale because the listing has been withdrawn. i'm so frustrated. i have a unauthorized usage claim with paypal pending,

but thought it would be helpful to provide these 2 emails to support the case, i cant for the life of me figure out how to do this. evrything is so automated, and even when i call paypal, its automated. i really think people that abuse the system should be permanently banned. i would like my 120.00 back. its insane.

Login to Me Too

freddyshaw
Contributor
Contributor

I paid for a sd card and the seller withdrew the item after I paid for it.  Ebay doesn't recognize it because they have no record of the sale just a closed (withdrew) item.  Looks pretty hopeless with Ebay and Paypal being so automated it's impossible to find any real help.  I don't know if the item was hijacked or not; and the item may have been closed between the time I went to pay for it and actually paid for the item as I had an expired credit card and had spent some time registering another card on paypal.

any ideas on how to get any help from ebay or paypal?

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Adrian
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

freddyshaw,

If you haven't been able to open a claim on eBay, you can open a claim in PayPal by going to the Resolution Center and clicking on "Report a Problem," or by clicking the link in the transaction details.

If you can't submit the claim via the Resolution Center, click on the "Contact Us" link and select help via phone to have a representative assist you.

Hope this helps,

Adrian

Was my post helpful? If so, please give me a kudos!

Did my post solve the issue? If so, please accept it as a solution!
Login to Me Too

freddyshaw
Contributor
Contributor

Did like you said;  Worked.  Thanks.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.