We were not able to process your PayPal payment because of a restriction on your account.

1acme

I am trying to send ONE payment of $4.98 already for THREE WEEKS !!!!!!!!! And I did try it 4x different ways how to send money to seller.
Spoke with PayPal SEVERAL times, reported problem to Ebay .............. and nothing is happening

This is sooooooooooooooo frustrating !!!!!!!!

ebay item number is 320664369842

amount: $$4.98 USD

ERROR messages:
1) You cannot use this credit card for this transaction. Please use another
funding source.

2) We were not able to process your PayPal payment because of a restriction on your account.

• Please PayPal Customer service for further assistance.
  • The country associated with this account has been restricted. Please try to change the address or the country on this account to complete payment.

I spoke SEVERAL times with all "involved" parties

a) Credit card's confirmed my CC are NOT on hold

b) with PayPal ... and only explanation was that "PP is aware of this problem and they are working on it" .... I am TRYING to pay & solve this issue already for # WEEKS

c) reported problem to Ebay ... but they reffered me back to PayPal

PLEASE HELP  !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Login to Me Too
8 REPLIES 8

PatricksPC
Contributor
Contributor

Same problem here

The country associated with this account has been restricted. 

I'm trying to pay a UK account, I paid China 4 days ago OK. 

How do I get it unrestricted??

Login to Me Too

mbgilleran
Contributor
Contributor

Just wanted to let whoever reads this with any power or say that I too have experienced the same problem.

Thanks

Mike

Login to Me Too

busaif
Contributor
Contributor

I have the same problem and I don't know how to solve it and I didn't reach for the solution

can anyone help me to solve my problem

Login to Me Too

PatricksPC
Contributor
Contributor

They are trying to sell you a credit card or get at your bank account (less fees for them)

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Andy

Hey all!

Sorry that we haven't tackled this issue yet.  The whole 'restricted country' error message is a known issue that we are actively working on and hopefully we'll have a fix in place shortly. 

Andy

Login to Me Too

BEARfromTN

I have NO restrictions that I can see, account is verified, no limits, good credit cards, Bill Me Later account is in good order, I do business with US and UK Ebay.... but this week I suddenly cannot pay for any purchases using my VISA or Bill Me Later. I have written to PayPal and Bill Me Later several times, with the same canned response "you must be entering wrong email address". WTF, all 3 accounts are linked through PayPal and have been for a long while.  PayPal has totally blocked my Bill Me Later as a funding source even though it is still attached to my account and is set as my primary source (on the landing page, even shows my bank payment was credited), no explanation or error code. When I try to use my VISA (plenty of money there) I get to the Confirm page, the timer spins as usual then, "cannot complete this transaction at this time". After 2 days I was able to get a Mastercard to work. Still no explanation. 

Login to Me Too

randib
New Community Member

i have been having the same prob as you! it **bleep** and such a pain! paypal better make it up to all us when this is all done, with how it could make us get back feedback on ebay from not being able to pay our winning bids!!

Login to Me Too

Im trying to purchuse things too, and im having some issues.
Ive had paypal only a month now, only used to it buy 20$ worth of stuff.

and this is what i get..

http://i1238.photobucket.com/albums/ff487/Kane_Andrew/knmjkkn.jpg

Its annonying. Anybody know how to fix this??

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.