Want to join class action lawsuit agaisn`t Ebay & Paypal

Buckshot
Contributor
Contributor

Have you ever been wronged by ebay or paypal? If so do something about it. Have a lawfirm that will take on these money mouchers as long as we get at least 200 complaints. Their  policy of holding money from sellers is unlawful and they shouldn`t get away with it. Want to join this action suit ? , leave your email address and I will contact you shortly. Thanks!!!!!

Login to Me Too
26 REPLIES 26

surplusdealdude
Advisor
Advisor

lion,

The reality is that nobody knows if these holds are temporary or permanent.

In some areas where there's high fraud, I can see justification for permanent holds - people still get their accounts hijacked.  There was a report last month of a seller with 1500 positive feedbacks - the account was hijcked and the scammer put up 63,000 listings almost immediately.  Paypal's going to take a bath on that one.

Now, if you were in a brick-and-mortar business, waiting 30-90 days for your accounts receivable would be a normal thing.  It may be a normal thing now.  If so, you'll have to slow your rate of expansion to the point where your profits fuel your increase in average holds.  It's called "Cash Flow Management", and it's a critical step in any small business management.

You're getting the run-around at Paypal because nobody knows how this will eventually turn out - it's still all too new.

Login to Me Too

surplusdealdude
Advisor
Advisor

@luvstampin wrote:

Heres an idea to everyone that wants to sue ebay/paypal -

Instead of blaming ebay/paypal - go thank all the scam sellers that put this policy into motion in the first place.

If you were on the other side once you would get it and see why this has to be there. Instead of suing and threatening and whining about it - get you seller accounts to where they do NOT get the holds.

This policy was announced in advance. Every new seller should know about this policy as its right there on ebay and in the AGREEMENT everyone has to agree to.

I do not have any problems with the hold. I make sure I have shipping funds available when I list an item on ebay.

ANd as stated above - if ya don't like it - go sell somewhere else.

Luvstampin is correct.

I've seen sellers that don't even seem to realize that they can't just take the money and walk away from the transaction without sending the product to the customer.  Saw a kid once that sold a laptop TWICE on ebay, then sold the same laptop to a guy off ebay and wondered if he had to send the money back to the ebay buyers or if he could forget about that because he's already spent it.

I told him about the concept of felony fraud and the jail sentence he's looking at.

We have some people here that are TERRIBLE SELLERS - it's the flip side of allowing anybody to sell.

THESE ARE BUSINESS TRANSACTIONS and ebay has a responsibility to ensure that items are delivered as promised - the 21 day hold forces sellers to do that.

If we didn't have the liars, the scammers and the incompetent as sellers, we would not need the hold.

Login to Me Too

surplusdealdude
Advisor
Advisor

@lion276 wrote:

Well, no....I know it wasn't personal as they don't know me from Adam.  What I don't understand is HOW do I prove I am not a scammer?  Let me rephrase that....How LONG do I have prove I am not a scammer for this unwarranted hold to be removed?  I was on the phone with paypal customer service for nearly 2 hours and could not get a real answer from them.  All they could do was monotonously repeat the policy over and over and over.  All I wanted to know was WHEN will the hold be removed.  I just found it very sad that not only could they not figure out or pinpoint a reason why the hold was there....but they seemed to be completely baffled at their own system and had no idea how long the hold would remain.  I even spoke to the customer service supervisor and it like speaking to a clone of the original person I talked to.  I WANT to have faith in paypal and I would like to continue with Ebay/Paypal, but it's been an extremely frustrating and disheartening couple of weeks. 

You can't prove a negative, so you can't prove you're not a scammer.

Likely, this hold business is going to become the norm for all sellers - that's the way it works on Amazon.

It will become just another ebay rule and you'll have to deal with it.

Login to Me Too

lorriebensky
Contributor
Contributor

AMEN TO ADRION! POSTER, GET OFF YOUR HIGH HORSE, WE DEPEND ON THAT INCOME AND THEY CERTAINLY DON'T WAIT UNTIL OUR STUFF SELLS TO GRAB THEIR RIDICULOUSLY GROWING INSERTION FEES!

Login to Me Too

surplusdealdude
Advisor
Advisor

@lorriebensky wrote:

AMEN TO ADRION! POSTER, GET OFF YOUR HIGH HORSE, WE DEPEND ON THAT INCOME AND THEY CERTAINLY DON'T WAIT UNTIL OUR STUFF SELLS TO GRAB THEIR RIDICULOUSLY GROWING INSERTION FEES!

No, of course they don't - they've done the work, they deserve to get paid.

Don't ANY of you understand how business works?

Login to Me Too

Winona
Contributor
Contributor

It is a new policy to hold the money. I think E-bay is behind it. But it is ridiculous that the customers gets there purchase and we have to wait for PayPal or Ebay or whenever they get around to releasing it. Waiting for feedback is a joke. Cause sometimes we just DON'T GET ANY. Then what??????????????? Smiley Mad Smiley Mad It sounds like punish the SELLER to me...

Login to Me Too

surplusdealdude
Advisor
Advisor

Writing in orange does not make your case more convincing.

Nobody forces you to take Paypal - you can set up your own merchant banking, you can use Moneybookers, or you cn advertise local pickup only and accept cash.

For that matter, nobody forces you to list on ebay, either - there are at least 500 other sites where you can list, not to mention all of the classified ad sites.

HOWEVER, if you want to list on ebay, there are rules and you have to agree to them.

When you DO list on ebay, you are warned EVERY SINGLE TIME that you might be subject to the 21-day hold.  By listing, you agree to it.

The Court will not protect you from your own free choices.  A Lawsuit is doomed to fail and a ridiculous waste of money.

Login to Me Too

Winona
Contributor
Contributor

Why is the 21 day hold only to EBAY users??? Ebay is still behind this, right? Your right I don't have accept Payments through PayPal...And won't in the future. Smiley Mad

Login to Me Too

surplusdealdude
Advisor
Advisor

@Winona wrote:

Why is the 21 day hold only to EBAY users??? Ebay is still behind this, right? Your right I don't have accept Payments through PayPal...And won't in the future. Smiley Mad

So you'll be leaving ebay then.

Fine - less competition for the rest of us.

Login to Me Too

Winona
Contributor
Contributor

No I am not leaving E-bay. I just will not accept PayPal payments. So I guess you are saying you like it that PayPal is HOLDING Funds??????????? It is not right....

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.