Waiting for my Payment

Patrick9785
New Community Member

I recently sold a toner cartridge (Drum) and my paymsnt is still pending. It says I  have to wait up to 21 days to get paid.  I don't understand how someone can pay me 3 weeks later. I'm sure this is legal in Ebay but it's not right in my opinion.

Login to Me Too
6 REPLIES 6

profdata
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

You have been paid. 

Paypal/ebay is holding the funds until the buyer leaves feedback or you can prove delivery of the item (give Paypal the D/C # when delivered).  If you don't have d/c and the buyer doesn't leave feedback the funds will be held for 21 days.

Paypal is doing this for new sellers, because they were paying out claims out of their own pocket when sellers didn't ship or sent junk

Login to Me Too

Michael72
Contributor
Contributor

Patrick,

I agree with you completely. I would never have used PayPal if I read the "fine print' prior to listing my items.

1) I take on the cost of purchasing the product to start with.

2) I pay a fee to ebay

3) I pay a fee on PayPal

4) I pay shipping costs

Then after taking on all those costs, I have to wait 3 weeks to get paid if I don't have a buyer that communicates well or leaves feedback in a timely manner?!?!?!?!?  I will not be using PayPal in the future. It's great for the buyer, terrible for the seller. I'll be requiring certified funds by mail in the future. At least then I'm not left holding the bag for a month.

Login to Me Too

Michael72
Contributor
Contributor

In addition to everything I listed above, PayPal takes another 3-4 days to transfer the money to your bank account after the funds are made available! I don't know any other business model where sellers need to wait a month for payment after selling an item!

Login to Me Too

profdata
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

The buyer doesn't have to communicate or leave feedback, all you need is the D/C to show the item as delivered..

Login to Me Too

Michael72
Contributor
Contributor

I have entered the tracking numbers for 3 items. Two have been confirmed delivered by USPS. My funds are still "Pending".

Login to Me Too

profdata
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

When were the items delivered

Depending on the time and day of the week funds are usually released within 48 hours.

Call paypals toll feee number

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.