Received Payments 'Completed' but my Balance says £0

LondonBen123
New Community Member

I sold 4 items on ebay 5 working days ago. Whilst Paypal is acknowledging the payments as received and completed, my balance says £0

Why is that?

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

Mattie1111
New Community Member

I have the same issue can someone help please

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Andy

A couple questions and we'll see what we can see here.

What types of account do you have? Is it a Personal account or Premier/Business?  Is your email address confirmed or unconfirmed? 

The reason these are important questions is because A) Your email address needs to be confirmed to be able to accept any funds into your account.  You can check this out from the Profile link in your account under "Add or edit email"  B)Certain types of payment require at minimum a Premier account. If you've confirmed your email and it's still not showing up (and it can take a couple minutes to show), look at the account type.  Upgrade to premier and that should take care of it (and there's no difference in fees or anything like that, so there's no harm in upgrading anyway).

And if all else fails and the payments still don't show up, give us a call and we'll see if there's anything account specific that may be stopping you.

Andy

Login to Me Too

Jmd96
New Community Member

I paid for an item on ebay a week ago with my Debit card Visa through paypal .. And the Ebay Seller has refunded me my money because of **bleep**ed up shipping. Under my paypal transactions it shows the Refund as Credit to Credit .. But i did not pay with a credit card through ebay, i paid with my debit card.. The refund money has still not shown up in my bank account yet ?/?? is there a pending on this ?? or is it because i did not use a credit card? Is the refund trying to send money credit to my debit card?? And also my paypal balance is 0.00 ... What is wrong?

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Andy

Jmd96-  Debit cards are an...interesting...situation. Lemme explain.  Our system sees a debit card essentially like a credit card (that's why you see credit to credit card).  Problem is, in a lot of cases, they don't work the same when a refund is processed to them; a lot of the time the refund fails and the money bounces back to your PayPal balance.  

Since in some cases normal credit card refunds can take up to 30 days to post, this type of issue almost always takes close to 30 days to shake out.  You could give our customer service a call so we can make sure everything's processing right from our end, but if it's left our systems, it's up to your bank to figure out what they're doing with it.  I would tell you though that if it's winds up being more than 30 days and the money still hasn't shown, give us a call and we'll see what happened.

Andy

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.