Paypal to hold my received payment for up to 17 days

Bilsdragon
Contributor
Contributor

Paypal to hold my received payment for up to 17 days!!! What kind of junk is that. i already waited for first time bidders e-check to clear. (btw, five days is ridiculous to wait for that also) I have 100% positive feedback, and I'm verified with a bank account and credit card. Give me a break.

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

brandonroloff
Contributor
Contributor

Welcome to paypal's new game.

21 days hold on the item (if the buyer doesn't complain, leave you negative feedback)

or 3 days after item is confirmed to be received -according to customer service (you have to input the tracking number into paypal)

or the buyer gives you positive feedback.

When you sold your item on ebay did ebay disclose this policy to you?  Did you get any type of notification from paypal disclosing the details of this policy?   File an ftc complaint if you did not.

Login to Me Too

sandypurins
Advisor
Advisor

@brandonroloff wrote:

When you sold your item on ebay did ebay disclose this policy to you?  Did you get any type of notification from paypal disclosing the details of this policy?   File an ftc complaint if you did not.

When listing an item, you are warned that your payment may be held. Here's a screenshot...

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.