Payment without logging into paypal

DerrickjJ88

I used my Debit Card to purchase an item through ebay I didn't sign into my paypal account it was processed the 18th and I have no way to get the transaction number to file a disput any ideas?

Login to Me Too
15 REPLIES 15

sandypurins
Advisor
Advisor

You should be able to file the dispute through eBay's Resolution Center.  Login to your "My eBay" account, click on the "Account" tab and select the "Resolution Center" link in the left hand column.

Login to Me Too

DerrickjJ88

yep I did I was refered here as it was a paymen through paypal I have the reciept number if that would be useful

Login to Me Too

sandypurins
Advisor
Advisor

What error message do you receive when you try to open the dispute through eBay's Resolution Center?

Login to Me Too

DerrickjJ88

no error message it says "You purchased this item as a PayPal guest user and will need to contact PayPal directly by going through their Resolution Center." I bought it with my debit card its not linked to my paypal account I have no transaction number because of this but I do have a paypal reciept and a reciept number. Is there any other information that might be helpful?

Login to Me Too

sandypurins
Advisor
Advisor

I found three "similar/related" questions in the PayPal Help Center and will post each one as a separate post.  Here's the first one...

I do not have a PayPal account, but I used PayPal to pay for an eBay item and have not received it. How can I get my item?

The best way to resolve an issue with a transaction is to communicate directly with your seller. Most sellers welcome the opportunity to work out problems and provide good customer service.

If you're unable to resolve the issue directly with the seller, and have the original email receipt for the transaction, you can open a dispute within 45 days of the payment. By opening a dispute, you can communicate with your seller to resolve the problem.

If you are unable to resolve the dispute within 20 days, you can escalate the dispute to a claim with PayPal.

To report the problem, you must sign up for a PayPal account by clicking the Sign up Now link in your email receipt. If you do not have the original receipt, contact Customer Service and we'll resend it.

https://www.paypal.com/helpcenter/main.jsp;jsessionid=ND6BMsRBz2GGHCv5Tv5vTT4p8JQrlk8GhnQWVQLDPFN6Gf...

Login to Me Too

DerrickjJ88

I think u misunderstood again I ahve a paypal account the debit cardf I used I used to verify my address for my paypal account I have tried contacting the seller MULTIPLE times with no response at all

Login to Me Too

sandypurins
Advisor
Advisor

@DerrickjJ88 wrote:

I think u misunderstood again I ahve a paypal account the debit cardf I used I used to verify my address for my paypal account I have tried contacting the seller MULTIPLE times with no response at all

No... I didn't misunderstand.  I just couldn't find a PayPal Help page which discussed your exact situation, and so... I posted the closest matches.

As I previously posted... it's not clear to me whether you can just add your debit card to your existing PayPal account, or... whether you will need to open a new PayPal account using the link in your payment sent email message.

In your other post, you said your debit card is not linked to your PayPal account.

Login to Me Too

DerrickjJ88

i had added it after I posted that and I'm sorry I figured you could offer more then the obvious anwsers if I needed that u have a faq

Login to Me Too

sandypurins
Advisor
Advisor

OK, well... good luck.  If you find a solution, please post it so others can benefit from your experience.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.