Message 3005 Workaround

Ottis
Contributor
Contributor

I had posted this in another part of the forums, I'm reposting it here in hopes it might help.

"Page Not Found

We are sorry, we are experiencing temporary difficulties. Please try again later. If this error occurred while making a payment, avoid duplicate payments by checking your Account Overview before resending a payment.

Message 3005
"

I've been getting the above error for the past month or more, so I had been paying for items by logging into my PayPal account and clicking on Send Money -> Pay for eBay purchases.

This allowed me to pay for my items but the situation prevented me from buying anything requiring an immediate payment.

Then about two weeks ago, I started getting this error message when trying to pay for eBay items;

"An error occurred while processing your Pay for eBay Items.
NOTE: PayPal recommends that you use eBay Checkout to pay for these items
."

After much weeping and gnashing of teeth (and more then a few curse words) I found that I could use my old Dell PDA (Windows Mobile 2003se OS) to pay for my purchases by using the eBay Mobile website..

The Workaround;

It seems that the eBay Mobile and PayPal Mobile sites are not subject to these errors, so try using your Web accessible PDA or smart phone to pay for stuff, or, if you don't have one of these devices, you can access the eBay and PayPal Mobile sites from your desktop PC or Laptop (you don't need mobile internet, even dial-up will work) by following the links below;

http://m.ebay.com/

http://mobile.paypal.com/

I hope this helps!

Ottis

Login to Me Too
8 REPLIES 8

PayPal_Olivia

Hi Ottis,

There is currently a known issue causing 3005 errors for some users in eBay transactions. Using Send Money via PayPal is the temporary workaround.

There is a discussion in this thread about this issue, and I will be posting updates there as I have them. I apologize for the inconvenience and thank you for your patience!

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

DrDF
New Community Member

I spent many hours caught in the loop receiving Message 3005 while attempting to retrieve password, contact customer service, and log in.  At first, I enabled cookies for Pay Pal, but that didn't work. Here's what worked for me:

1. In the Internet Explorer tool bar, click tools then  internet options.
  2. A dialog box opens. Click the Privacy Tab, then the Sites button.
  3. In the Address of Website field, type the exact address of Paypal, then click the Allow button.
Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

Hi DrDF,

Welcome to the community forums, and thank you for sharing that workaround! That is definitely something to try.

The 3005 error is actually a kind of generic code that can mean a few different things. When it comes up for eBay transactions, it may or may not be the same issue as the one you were experiencing, but it is a known issue that is currently being worked on.

In the meanwhile, for folks who are experiencing the error specifically for eBay transactions though, by all means please give DrDF's solution a try and let us know how it works out!

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

Ottis
Contributor
Contributor

Quote Olivia;
"Using Send Money via PayPal is the temporary workaround."

Quote me, from the original post;
"I had been paying for items by logging into my PayPal account and clicking on Send Money -> Pay for eBay purchases.

about two weeks ago, I started getting this error message when trying to pay for eBay items;

"An error occurred while processing your Pay for eBay Items.
NOTE: PayPal recommends that you use eBay Checkout to pay for these items
.""

DrDFs' sugestion;

The person I talked to on the phone told me to do that, it didn't work for me.

Login to Me Too

Ottis
Contributor
Contributor

Oh, and as for the "It's being worked on", The PayPal operator I talked to said he had never heard of it.

Login to Me Too

BeBubble
New Community Member

I recieved message 3019 but it makes no sense Please help

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

Ottis: I am sorry that you have received conflicting information. I can assure you that it is a known issue and it is being addressed.

BeBubble: Welcome to the forums! Error 3019 would be something entirely different than 3005. You may want to begin a new thread to prevent confusion. You should probably also let us all know what you're doing when you get the error, and what the wording of the error is. If the community doesn't have the answers you need, you can also call Customer Solutions for account-specific troubleshooting.

Olivia

Login to Me Too

Rican

I tried the workaround and I am unable to get it to work. I followed the directions. Need Help!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.