Message 3005

doorsbytim2270
Contributor
Contributor

I've been trying to pay a store on Ebay thru PayPal for 3 days now...still getting an Error Message 3005.  Is this a common problem lately, and what's the solution??

Login to Me Too
22 REPLIES 22

temp20190925b
Contributor
Contributor
Sorry for the trouble. You can log in to paypal and go to Send Money > Paypal for ebay items.
Login to Me Too

thejonez
Contributor
Contributor

Im having this issue as well.

Login to Me Too

tulsa
Contributor
Contributor

I am having the same problem -- when I called paypal they told me to delete my files and cookies -- did tht still cant pay for items through pay now

Login to Me Too

thejonez
Contributor
Contributor

I used another browser and it was still the same issue.

Login to Me Too

247sat
New Community Member

Send Money option doesn't work either. Message 3005 says temporary but has been going on for more than several days. I can't pay for my stuff on ebay and the sellers are getting angry. You guys need to fix this ASAP!

Login to Me Too

bwavobunny
Contributor
Contributor

I called them yesterday.  They are stating that this is a known issue.  They said they were going to "add me" to the trouble ticket and suggested I contact the ebay seller and ask for them to send me an invoice with alternate payment options.  That definately is NOT an option.  Any ideas here> they said NO ETA on recovery.

Login to Me Too

thejonez
Contributor
Contributor

PayPal used to be a great service beyond ANYONE...now eBay/PayPal have really **bleep**ed the pooch on this issue.Nobody can solve this, are you kidding me? When PayPal laid off their regular workers and brought in eBay people to take their place the service quality has gone in the crapper, they are rude and unqualified to answer the questions you need answers to. This has been an issue for me for 2 weeks now and it doesn't matter what browser I use. I was even told to open a new account by customer support. It shouldn't take this long to solve an issue like this when it's how the company makes money. Here's a suggestion., get a hold of all the "financial" news outlets and let them know that this is an issue spreading like wildfire. See how fast the stock drops, then maybe they will get in gear and fix this.

Login to Me Too

bwavobunny
Contributor
Contributor

I am wondering if they are having security issues or an information leak they are trying to prevent? I just want my stuff 😞

Login to Me Too

thejonez
Contributor
Contributor

Does it matter why? This is their SOLE business, it's what they do and now it doesn't work. It like making a car that doesn't start when it's brand new. They sold Skype for billions to Microsoft, so what they don't care no more?

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.