Is shipping to another address against PayPal policy?

mcvacek
New Community Member

I requested an Ebay seller to ship to a different address bc I wanted to purchase the item for my nephew.  She replied that it was against Paypal policy to ship to any other address other than the one linked to your PayPal account.  Is this true?  Please attach a link to policy  or statement within Paypal addressing this issue.  Thanks in advance!

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Adrian
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Welcome to the boards!

It is not a policy that sellers must ship to the address listed in the transaction details.  They can choose to ship, well, wherever they want. 

That being said, if a seller ships to any other address than what is in the transaction details, they aren't protected under our Seller Protection Policy if something later goes wrong with the payment. 

As such, we recommend sellers ship to the address in the transaction details, but don't require it. 

One thing both you and your seller can do to satisy both of your needs, would be for the seller to refund the payment with the incorrect address.  You can then resubmit with the correct address, and everyone will be happy Smiley Happy

Thanks!

Adrian

Was my post helpful? If so, please give me a kudos!

Did my post solve the issue? If so, please accept it as a solution!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.