I am extremely upset at the "hold" time on my funds for payment of my item I've sold

sfkhilling
Contributor
Contributor

I have purchased many items using paypal as my source of payment without any problems whatsoever.  But the very first time I sell am item using paypal my funds are hold for as long as almost amonth.  This is outrageous. I will, from not on, be asking my buyers to use credit cards.  This is absolutely ridiculous.  So many of us in this day and time are selling items because we need money immediately, and that type of wait can mean the difference between whether I have money to feed my grandkids or not..  So just consider me an x-pay pal user. 

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

djpoptart92
Contributor
Contributor

You are not alone.  There are probably thousand's of unhappy Paypal users who hate this funds on hold crap.  I for one am one of those haters.  Its unfair to the seller.

And unless Paypal stops doing the funds on hold,  I will no longer be using Paypal's services.    Paypal used to be a great way to send money on the net.   Used to be able to get your money right away.   Well now you can't, which kinda makes Paypal a useless piece of garbage.

Login to Me Too

taramueller81
New Community Member

The least they could do is release money for the shipping of the items. I recently had to ship overseas and that cost me sixty dollars. I can understand if the person has a bad record and they held the funds, but I have a good selling record as I am sure many other people do as well.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.