How to fix Error 3005

Mythcats
Contributor
Contributor

If you have been suffering with the vertical multilanguage Error 3005, there is a repair.  Sadly, it is not a joke.  Here's what you do:

I have confirmed the repair for this error:

1. Go to Profile
  2. Add or Edit Bank Account
  3. Under each bank account, there is a "Delete" hyperlink
  4. Click Delete under the top-listed bank account.
  5. Ignore the rhetoric, accept the confirmation, delete the account.
  6. Repeat...
  7. ...and again...
  8. ...for EVERY BANK ACCOUNT YOU HAVE
  9. If you still get Error 3005, you did not follow all the steps in this solution.  Period. 

I am not PayPal, look at my posts, I have been having this problem for MONTHS, I have nothin to hide, no diagnosis to opine and no political interests.  I'm just telling you what finally worked for me.

I too have tried multiple browsers, multiple locations, multiple computers, multiple OSes, two different phones and it comes down to this:

• I used to get Error 3005
  • I Complained.  Loudly.  Everywhere.
  • I got ignored.
  • I used "Send Money" => eBay Items" => through Paypal instead of eBay for every purchase since, and kept waiting.
  • Saw a post here about unconfirmed bank accounts.
  • I deleted an old unconfirmed bank account of mine, thinking I was a dummy for not seeing that sooner.
  • I still got Error 3005
  • I deleted my PRIMARY bank account.
  • Still got Error 3005
  • 2 minutes ago, I deleted ALL bank accounts.
  • I no longer get Error 3005.

It remains to be seen if I'll have that problem again if I add (or re-confirm) a bank account, but I was able to spend my PayPal balance today without issue and through eBay checkout.

Login to Me Too
48 REPLIES 48

PayPal_Olivia

Hi everyone,

I am sorry that this hasn't been answered yet.

The error 3005 code is a known issue that is being worked on. We apologize for the inconvenience to affected members. If this error is encountered during eBay checkout, the current work-around is to make the payment through Send Money in your PayPal account.

We understand that this is frustrating and thank you for your patience while we work on this as quickly as we can.

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

bigdubba
Contributor
Contributor

Even with the work around i still cannot use my paypal bucks!!!! What  is going on here with a muti-billion dollor $$$$ company that can not do even very simple things !!!!!!

Login to Me Too

Tootiecakes

I kept getting the same error message, too. I hit my back button up in the left hand corner, next to the internet website bar, and waalaa-there were my changes, ready to go, so I hit pay. It seemed to work for me. Hope it helps.

Login to Me Too

Linaki
Contributor
Contributor

I just wanted to say that I did as directed and I was able to pay for the item I had purchased. 

Thank you so much!!

Login to Me Too

bigdubba
Contributor
Contributor

I'm glade you fixed your problem but I did exactly what you said & I still get the same ol same ol message 3005 !

Login to Me Too

Ottis
Contributor
Contributor

The work-around is to use the ebay mobile site, I'v been getting the 3005 error for well over a month now and the only way I've been able to pay is to access the mobile site on my PDA, or by following the links below;

http://m.ebay.com/

http://mobile.paypal.com/

The bad thing about paying this way is you cant buy anything requiring imeadiate payment, it's not supported in eBay Mobile.

Login to Me Too

CastlewoodWX
Contributor
Contributor

Was also getting the message 3005 error and found this thread. Followed this advice of deleting my paypal bank accounts. FIXED!. Message 3005 was no more.

An interesting observation for the PayPal techs however. After deleting my bank accounts, I logged into paypal through Ebay (I had some items to purchase). After entering my username/password...no 3005 error, but the next page that did pop-up was an invitation from PayPal to add a bank account! Hmmmm.

It appears to me that the same webpage code that directs a person to the "add bank account page" sends a person to a non-existent page if one already has a bank account enabled. Thus the "message 3005 error" and "page not found" response.  

Forgive me if this has already been talked about or not relevant...but thought I would pass my observation along. 

T. Adam

Login to Me Too

Gulfguy8
Contributor
Contributor

This 3005 error is costing me time and money.  If this is such a priority to fix as paypal claims; why don't they keep us updated daily of the fix status.  After having winning ebay bids for multiple items from the same seller, I was given a lower combined shipping price.  Try to maneuver through all these shortcuts to pay for something like that.  I recently gave up and paid the full shipping price. 

Come on Paypal!!!  This is a terrible way to treat customers.  Let us know what is going on!!!  The lack of professionalism and common sense in dealing with this issue is far beyond terrible!!  COMMUNICATE PAYPAL!!!!!!!

Login to Me Too

sdsurfdog
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks Mythcats! I've literally wasted so many hours talking to idiots at paypal who think this is an Ebay problem.

Note: After I deleted my bank accounts and tried to pay for an item, the browser gave me a page not found, not an error 3005, just a page not found. I clicked to reload and the page immediately reloaded and showed I had paid for the item. So if you have this same problem and you get a "page not found" after trying to purchase something from Ebay, click to reload and it'll work.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

Hi all,

While the bank removal workaround may seem like a quick fix, please be aware that it may not work for everyone, and it can cause loss of Verified status on some accounts.

Our technicians have researched the issue, including the additional information that was supplied regarding the proposed bank removal workaround (information which, by the way, was helpful in that research!) and are diligently working on repairing it for the customers who have been affected by this error.

We really appreciate your patience while we make these changes. We take your frustration and inconvenience seriously, and are invested in getting this fixed as soon as possible!

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.