HORRIBLE IDEA TO HOLD FUNDS FOR 21 DAYS!!!

gearhed78
Contributor
Contributor

Holding funds from sellers until the buyer leaves feedback is the worst idea EVER! Since when does Paypal become an authority on buyer satisfaction?? A smooth transaction is all that I wanted from Paypal. If they are going to hold funds, then they should make it very clear BEFORE you use them!  Keeping my money in their account for 21 days is a HUGE disadvantage of using Paypal. Stick to transferring funds,not trying to be a satisfaction authority!

Login to Me Too
6,286 REPLIES 6,286

cinbiker1
Contributor
Contributor

I HATE THIS POLICY. IT **bleep**! I sold a brand new in box laptop. The buyer paid me immediately. good guy. I got barely enough to pay for the laptop because 1) the shipping ended up to be almost $30 (I only charged $19)

2) ebay got thier money of over $20 for the listing charge

3) frickin' paypal charged me $12 for the joy of getting paid 21 days later!!!!!!

What the FFFFFFFFF!!!!!

like many of you out there I only parted with this brand new top of the line laptop to make money for Christmas I would never had sold it on ebay had I known how much it would cost me. I got nothing out of it and ended up having to wait for my money while ebay and paypal collected immediately. Had I known this I would have used CRAIG'S LIST YA'LL.

I had to front the money for shipping after I had just paid for the laptop a week before. I was fortunate enough to get a good buyer who laft feedback right away, but I have to say I made a jackass out of my self leaving emails to remind him and had to practically beg! It was mortifying to say the least and my Christmas was in the hands of a stranger 3000 miles away from me! What a load of crap! I also have a 100% rating. I feel that should have earned me something. I will never sell anything of value here again.

Login to Me Too

bigdog52370
Contributor
Contributor

check out www.paypal**bleep**.com . read the horror stories of how "paypal ruined christmas"

Login to Me Too

stratman7000
Contributor
Contributor

I myself im a small business at eBay mostly. I will now consider other options. Paypal did not take us into consiideration. Major Fail on them.  They made this too complicated for all of us. but yea' they do charge their High fees for  us using their sevices. I mean eBay takes a hughe part of the earnings like 8% and paypal takes the 4% what are we left with 88% of what we sell and if that wasn't enough we have to Wait 21 days to get our money!   WHAT THE F$%K  Fail on Paypal!

Login to Me Too

myavonmary
Contributor
Contributor

I 100percent agree ~ I am looking for an alternative to PayPal right now even if its going back to MONEY ORDER!  It would be CHEAPER in the long run - for the buyer to pay via MO - with 5% paypal fees, and 5% ebay fees and $$$ listing fees, common'  how much do we really make considering the ORIGINAl cost of our items?

Sheesh,  Im disappointed Im like the ORIGINAl PAypal user - I used to Spread the word (paypal word) as far back as 1997 or even farther!

Talk to you later

myavonmary  at  yahoo.com

Login to Me Too

mondrayuk
Contributor
Contributor

The alternative is www.gunpal.net and when you visit the site - you will wonder why you used PayPal in the first place !!!!!!

Login to Me Too

671FIGHTER
Contributor
Contributor

THIS IS THE LAST TIME I EVER USE PAYPAL!!!!!! 21 DAYS...SERIOUSLY? WHAT GENIUS THOUGHT OF THAT ONE BEACUSE HE/SHE SHOULD GET FIRED!!!   WHAT A STUPID DAM RULE!  YOU ARE JACKING  UP THE TRANSACTION FOR BOTH THE SELLER AND BUYER!! WTF!!!!!  STRAIGHT BS!! WWW.GUNPAL.NET IS RIGHT!!!   TOO MUCH BS WITH PAYPAL.  WHATS NEXT?  TOO BAD I WONT BE ON PAYPAL TO SEE IT.  GOODLUCK!

Login to Me Too

stratman7000
Contributor
Contributor

I CALLED MY LOCAL NEWS. TO MAKE FUSS ABOUT THE UNFAIRNESS OF PAYPAL- AND THE MONOPOLY OF EBAY. THIS EVENTUALLY WILL GO TO COURTS AND I WON'T GIVE MY TAX DOLLARS TO  BAIL PAYPAL WHEN IT GOES DOWN!  SPREAD THE WORD!  Smiley Surprised  POST THESE LINKS TO YOUR LISTINGS LET SELLERS KNOW.  AND IF YOU SELL DON'T ACCEPT PAYMENTS FROM BUYERS THAT HAVE LESS THAN 50 FEEDBACKS. SO LIKE THAT IF THEY HAVE A PROBLEM YOU LEAVE THEM NEGATIVE FEEDBACK... IT IS CALLED   KARMA....... SO SPEAK UP!

Login to Me Too

blueballoon
Contributor
Contributor

I had the same thing happened to me on some items w/sale prices of between $150 and $300. A couple were international shipping and they didn't even give me the money for the shipping. It put me in the poor house for weeks. It felt very unfair.

Login to Me Too

WebSiteNewbie
Contributor
Contributor

Here is your way out  Must read information about eBay and PayPal

Login to Me Too

mrssam
Contributor
Contributor

yup me too !! I had to "front" the shipping costs now they have my stuff but i dont have the $$ !!!

Well im not going to use them after this ..CRAIGSLIST here i cone !!  This is insane , i hope they lose it ALL !!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.