HORRIBLE IDEA TO HOLD FUNDS FOR 21 DAYS!!!

gearhed78
Contributor
Contributor

Holding funds from sellers until the buyer leaves feedback is the worst idea EVER! Since when does Paypal become an authority on buyer satisfaction?? A smooth transaction is all that I wanted from Paypal. If they are going to hold funds, then they should make it very clear BEFORE you use them!  Keeping my money in their account for 21 days is a HUGE disadvantage of using Paypal. Stick to transferring funds,not trying to be a satisfaction authority!

Login to Me Too
6,286 REPLIES 6,286

Michael11167
New Community Member
This is so wrong. I'm not a frequent seller, but my ratings are good. But I got this chatty email that PayPal is holding my payments for 21 days because my account was flagged as a risk. Give me a break. I've sold one item this year for $30. Pay Pal and EBay ate a major chunk of that in fees. But when I called customer service-- I got the BS line that it was for my own protection. And they'd review it again in 30 days. THE TRUTH -- I don't sell enough so to make more money on my account the the funds. -- " pending" so they can make money on the float-- the interest on my money. ' cuz PayPal doesn't make enough on the fees already. Please. this is all about the money, folks. Hello Craig's List. Oh, and I'll be shocked if anyone from PayPal responds to this.
Login to Me Too

temp11212011z
Contributor
Contributor

They just did the same thing to me - I will be DAMNED if I am going to wait 21 **bleep** days for my money  From now on I am directing buyers to pay by other than paypal.

Login to Me Too

larrylil
Contributor
Contributor

I have been a member for 9 tears. I HAVE NEVER HAD AN ITEM  NOT GET TO WHERE IT

WAS SHIPPED TO!!!!!!!   BUT THESE ROBBERS ARE HOLDING MY $$$$!!!!!!

SEEMS LIKE I HAVE LOST SOME FREE DOMS BY THESE CROOKS!!!! THEY TAKE THEIR

FEES RIGHT AWAY. AFTER THIS HOLIDAY I WILL LOOK ELSE WHERE TO SELL MY STUFF.

CHECK OUT EDOORWAYSINTERNATIONAL stock sym. EDWY.

Login to Me Too

SirTinLee
Contributor
Contributor

Seems like more and more innocent people are being effected by PayPal's ineffective policy.   webstore.com might replace ebay.    Oh!  You may laugh, but the figures will speak for themself. 

@larrylil wrote:

I have been a member for 9 tears. I HAVE NEVER HAD AN ITEM  NOT GET TO WHERE IT

WAS SHIPPED TO!!!!!!!   BUT THESE ROBBERS ARE HOLDING MY $$$$!!!!!!

SEEMS LIKE I HAVE LOST SOME FREE DOMS BY THESE CROOKS!!!! THEY TAKE THEIR

FEES RIGHT AWAY. AFTER THIS HOLIDAY I WILL LOOK ELSE WHERE TO SELL MY STUFF.

CHECK OUT EDOORWAYSINTERNATIONAL stock sym. EDWY.

Login to Me Too

larrylil
Contributor
Contributor

The corp. Greed of E-Bay and Pay Pal will no longer have me to **bleep** with after the Holidays.

There "holding" of MY MONEY is unarmed robbery.With me shipping my sold item with a tracking number

completes my sale. MY MONEY SHOULD BE MINE!!!

Thde STATES ATTY may have something to say about this.

I you own stock in e-bay SELL IT.  

Login to Me Too

ILoveMoringa
Contributor
Contributor

CALL PAYPAL AND ASK THEM HOW MUCH INTEREST YOU ARE GETTING ON YOUR MONEY!

I hate to put this in caps, but it is a legal issue. They have to release your funds, and people have been successful doing it that way.

Everyone needs to call.

Login to Me Too

Silencio
Contributor
Contributor

Calling and asking how much interest I will be getting dosent work. Its just a bunch of excuses from the operator and the supervisor I talked to.

Login to Me Too

sm1715
Contributor
Contributor
Sorry to hear that didn't work for you. How assertive were you? Perhaps if you are angry and insistent, they would do something. Or, it's possible that too many people have been trying this route and they have found a way around it. Tell them you're going to call your lawyer. Ask for the supervisor 's name and ask for his or her phone number direct phone number. I bet that would get you further. Good luck! (See my next post about some new information I've discovered recently.)
Login to Me Too

rob7982
New Community Member

i sold an item today on ebay, the buyer paid immediately into my paypal account, i posted the item and i have a tracking number to prove it, but paypal has held all the money in my account. its mine, ive earned it and i need it. i have used paypal constantly for over 6 years and none of my transactions have ever been stopped or held? why now?

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.