HORRIBLE IDEA TO HOLD FUNDS FOR 21 DAYS!!!

gearhed78
Contributor
Contributor

Holding funds from sellers until the buyer leaves feedback is the worst idea EVER! Since when does Paypal become an authority on buyer satisfaction?? A smooth transaction is all that I wanted from Paypal. If they are going to hold funds, then they should make it very clear BEFORE you use them!  Keeping my money in their account for 21 days is a HUGE disadvantage of using Paypal. Stick to transferring funds,not trying to be a satisfaction authority!

Login to Me Too
6,286 REPLIES 6,286

timmmmm
New Community Member

they want to charge us up to 15 percent on each transaction with ebay fees combined!!!and then then hold are money and make interest on it !!!!!!!and keeping our clients money and making us buy the item the whole reson we drop ship and pay there fees is so we can us the clients money to buy the item paypal  knows the deal  is  good!!!!! there a scam!!! im no longer using paypal they never credited me with a $ 100 dispute ebay sent them and said i won pay pal is and ebay have a monopoly and the more buisness you do the more they want to **bleep** you im done with them !!!!!!!!

Login to Me Too

mnk101905
Contributor
Contributor

I completely agree, I sell many things on ebay and the money that is paid for the item and the shipping I use that payment to pay for the shipment, hense why I charge a shipping charge. I understand paypal is trying to protect buyers, but if something goes wrong you take the payment back.

I agree with you 100% paypal should not hold our money!!

Login to Me Too

Absolut_SkYY
Contributor
Contributor

This is ridiculous. So i see that everyone is having the same issue.........i still don't understand: When do i get my money?, I just recently made a sale on Ebay, and i couldn't even touch the money i earned to pay the shipping charges-ended up coming out of MY pocket. Here i thought Paypal was harmless, making me wait 21 days? for what???????? This is just supposed to be a third party company to make transactions safe for all involved. This is blasphemy!!!!

Login to Me Too

videogameuniver
Contributor
Contributor

Ok so I am not a new seller. I have been selling video games on ebay the last two years from home. I have had this payment hold thing a couple times but now it is getting ridiculous. Paypal never releases my money unless its been 21 days. Even if the buyer leaves positive feedback on ebay and I also always upload my tracking numbers and still I don't get money for 21 days?! It states clearly in the policy that if I get positive feedback  or provide tracking and its been 3 days confirmed delivery then I get it sooner!! Why am I never getting my money?!

Login to Me Too

ChloeX
New Community Member

HEY, i met the same problem. I sold something on 4 Mar. it said release date on 25 Mar. but it still pending. no negtive feeback.

Login to Me Too

videogameuniver
Contributor
Contributor

Ok so I just called up paypal customer service I was on hold for a while while they tried to figure it out but in the end they gave me most of my money try that if you have the same problem as I did.

Login to Me Too

boho
Contributor
Contributor

I am having the same problem. A  non paypal member paid via AmEx into my Paypal, for an Etsy item.

Etsy says payment pending, but no record exists in my Paypal account and no email. I'm worried.

They paid $6000 with an unlimited AmEx card so AmEx wouldnt be holding the amount.

Login to Me Too

jburoky
New Community Member

Same problem, don't get it

Login to Me Too

Angry007
Contributor
Contributor

I am facing the same issue and many sellers are leaving ebay.

come on paypal. delivery confirmed and positive feedback left release the funds because this isnt right and it should be illegal really.

Login to Me Too

blackwater523

It has stuck home to an awful lot of us Ebayers. SDome of us are in the process of filing a class action suit against Pay Pal for intrest and damages on the float. In a short time there will be a National TV ad campaign pertaing to this. Just be patient, it will come out in the wash. Many millions are being controlled by them in a bad economy, where some of us rely on the few extra bucks we get to pay mortgages and etc... Again, I say, BE PATIENT!!!!!!!!!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.