HORRIBLE IDEA TO HOLD FUNDS FOR 21 DAYS!!!

gearhed78
Contributor
Contributor

Holding funds from sellers until the buyer leaves feedback is the worst idea EVER! Since when does Paypal become an authority on buyer satisfaction?? A smooth transaction is all that I wanted from Paypal. If they are going to hold funds, then they should make it very clear BEFORE you use them!  Keeping my money in their account for 21 days is a HUGE disadvantage of using Paypal. Stick to transferring funds,not trying to be a satisfaction authority!

Login to Me Too
6,286 REPLIES 6,286

IHateYou
Contributor
Contributor

12 years of selling with perfect feedback only to have pay**bleep**inpal steal my money.  They hold the funds of honest sellers like me just to make money off of me. They make interest off my money and hundreds of thousands more users just like me while they have millions getting interest  for 21 days or 180 or how ever long they want to **bleep** you around.  Do not use paypal, they will steal from you!

Login to Me Too

terese2
Contributor
Contributor

Great post, and greta energy for spreading the word about what a rotten and sleazy organization PAypal is!

Login to Me Too

logical2011

HELLO ALL,

on this 21 day hold policy inever had it done to me before and i have 100% rating. but, there is a solution i found works great for me. ebay says they don't like but, don't stop me because they are getting more money. i have been in retail for 30 years and found complaining will not help you will not win! so you have to be created implement it ,stick with and off you go. this is a classic trickle down effect. allyou have to do is simple pays the problem to who? the customer that who always has to eat the loss. so don't argue just raise your prices up per item even if it higher then most listing but, they will catch on in that area and raise ther prices so, the new price average for that item is know higher. you now have more money than you wanted so, when money is released you ok till next release to carry you over and so on. i was surprised it worked i had item listed for 39.00 raised to 59.00 and there was 20 of same item listed that was same identical item selling for 29.00 average but, i made ad look fancier with colors, changed font and added way more information in comtent than others and it sold in 3 days and others items are still listed i was shocked so i did that to all my items and working great!! so let's raise prices to tide us oveer and raise items selling average up for items.and your good to go. i told one listing seller to do on the item i sold like his and worked for him. now selling avarage for that is up.

thanks. keep chin up and smiling!! be proactive not inactive !! don,t waste time in chat now change them ads and make money. pass the buck!!! thats how works in usa all about money .thanks again

Login to Me Too

l-js_things
Contributor
Contributor

@logical2011 wrote:

HELLO ALL,

on this 21 day hold policy inever had it done to me before and i have 100% rating. but, there is a solution i found works great for me. ebay says they don't like but, don't stop me because they are getting more money. i have been in retail for 30 years and found complaining will not help you will not win! so you have to be created implement it ,stick with and off you go. this is a classic trickle down effect. allyou have to do is simple pays the problem to who? the customer that who always has to eat the loss. so don't argue just raise your prices up per item even if it higher then most listing but, they will catch on in that area and raise ther prices so, the new price average for that item is know higher. you now have more money than you wanted so, when money is released you ok till next release to carry you over and so on. i was surprised it worked i had item listed for 39.00 raised to 59.00 and there was 20 of same item listed that was same identical item selling for 29.00 average but, i made ad look fancier with colors, changed font and added way more information in comtent than others and it sold in 3 days and others items are still listed i was shocked so i did that to all my items and working great!! so let's raise prices to tide us oveer and raise items selling average up for items.and your good to go. i told one listing seller to do on the item i sold like his and worked for him. now selling avarage for that is up.

thanks. keep chin up and smiling!! be proactive not inactive !! don,t waste time in chat now change them ads and make money. pass the buck!!! thats how works in usa all about money .thanks again

So the buyer is going to pay because you don't like eBay's policy?  Not very ethical.  Want a job with PayPal or eBay? You might go far.

Punishing the buyers on eBay will not resolve the selling issue.

Login to Me Too

7yearseller
Contributor
Contributor

scottsongs wrote:  The winning bidder on my item had 0 "zero" feedbacks and the person paying via Paypal had a different address and name then where he wanted the item shipped. There's no protection here by Paypal.

Of course there is no protection if you ship to someone other than the person who bought and to an unconfirmed address. I would think with 700 fb, you would have learned long ago that newbies are not good to deal with in many cases. They can be a seasoned eBayer who works the sytem to suit them just like they did to you. But, don't blame that on Paypal. That was your decision to go outside the policies that apply for protection.

Login to Me Too

terese2
Contributor
Contributor

Excellent post, Scottsongs!  I am so happy to see more and more people ignoring the Paypal apologists and just speaking the truth about Paypal's sleaziness.  Greed drives them, they are unethical, and they have the poorest customer service I have ever encountered.

Say it loud, say it often, and make sure to tell everyone you can WHY you are leaving Ebay and PAyapl. Access to a credit card is all Paypal would need tocounter bad selllers.  All of this baloney about why they "need" a 21 day hold is a smokescreen for their greed.

Login to Me Too

7yearseller
Contributor
Contributor

@terese2 wrote:

Excellent post, Scottsongs!  I am so happy to see more and more people ignoring the Paypal apologists and just speaking the truth about Paypal's sleaziness.  Greed drives them, they are unethical, and they have the poorest customer service I have ever encountered.

Say it loud, say it often, and make sure to tell everyone you can WHY you are leaving Ebay and PAyapl. Access to a credit card is all Paypal would need tocounter bad sellers.  All of this baloney about why they "need" a 21 day hold is a smokescreen for their greed.

Definitely not playing with a full deck ! If you sell on eBay at all, you know that if he shipped to another address to another person, that is not covered by the protection. If he printed the label on Paypal, it would have shown at the top that it is not okay to ship.

Honestly, therese, if you think that was an excellent post coming from, sad to say, a seller who does not know how to protect himself, then you know nothing about selling or you would never have said this was a great post. As a matter of fact, your response didn't make a bit of sense based on what he said, since he literally dug his own grave so to speak by shipping other than to the person and the address who bought it. Jeez, read the policies. Actually, you don't even have to read the policies to know that. It is just common sense.

Also, how many times do the other sellers here have to tell you that the hold is not set in stone as 21 days. You just ignore the truth and say what you want to say and it is just like a politician who makes bold statements but doesn't have an ounce of factual information or support to back them up in addition to not addressing the actual question or topic, but rather skirting around it so to get in the jabs, which is all you have to offer and all you know how to do.

Other sellers, this person is only here to try to get you to leave eBay and Paypal. If you do that, you will actually lose money, not just have it delayed. Take this to heart. I have tried different sites, even my own website which I promote, and my sales come from eBay. I can count on x number of dollars each month something I could not do on ETSY or even on my website. I have put a few things on Bonanza, but with no success. They just aren't big enough yet to draw the buyers eBay does. Now, if you think this is a lie like Terese states we apologists are dishing out to you, then you just bog yourself down even more with her rantings. She would have made a great Suffragette shouting out in rallies and just getting everything out about that comes to mind. Maybe some of you remember your history to know what that is. Maybe a good Suffragette, but not a good one to try to shut down Paypal. The sellers here will come and go and the ones who do come back either haven't tried to make it work for them, but a few of them did come back to announce their holds were lifted. Some vowed to accept it and try it the way Paypal_Andy suggested, and since they have not been back, it must be working for them. This thread has made more sellers continue to sell than it has made give up. Quitting is just not in some peoples' nature like it is in others, the ones who quit, rant, rave, curse, look up big words in the dictionary to impress so to be taken seriously. But, the good sellers, the serious ones who came on, complained, took suggestions from those of us who want to really help you to keep selling and making money are selling and it is working for them. Sure, some adjustments have to be made, but is everyone here a die hard conformist to a certan way who cannot accept change. Only narrow minded people do not accept change. They go with the flow, figure out how to make something work for them and adjust to the change. Remember, all new people signing up for selling now have this hold imposed on them, and do you see them on here complaining. They accept it for the way it is knowing this is a large business who is not going to change a policy for a few complainers on one forum.

Login to Me Too

7yearseller
Contributor
Contributor

Good grief, terese, you are even on here at 4 in the morning to post your retorts? I just noticed the time you posted.  Your devotion to the downfall of a large company by one single person is to be admired.  How's that working for you?

Login to Me Too

Djten
Contributor
Contributor

7yearseller wrote:

The link that one of the sellers posted regarding Paypal and eBay is where I got the information that Paypal carries eBay, so Paypal can't afford to bleed money, the best way I can describe it when sellers who never intend to deliver could take their payment directly out of Paypal to their back up funding checking and then remove that leaving Paypal to fund the chargeback. Too much of this, if steps are not taken, can close a company if they do not do something to fix it, and this is what they did to be sure they were not going to be the ones paying the debts of the malicious sellers on here. Have you paid attention enough to notice sellers who had been on here for years with no negatives and then at the end of their selling, there may be a whole page of negatives for not shipping? Guess where the money to pay those buyers came from? Not from that seller who is no longer a registered member ! And, these were at one time good sellers. Some come on here with never an intention of shipping to anyone but merely to collect the money and leave.

I most definitely and humbly agree with you. In fact, I've posted that many, many times. They didn't initiate this hold policy just to jam people up. They got jammed also and from what you said, it looks like many more times than once.  Although I myself am a disgruntled eBay/PayPal user, facts are facts. Whether we like it or not, self preservation is a natural act and businesses the magnitude of eBay/PayPal are no different.

Login to Me Too

7yearseller
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you so much for acknowledging what I have been trying so hard to make people understand. This shows you have an open mind and do know how business works. This was the most positive thing ever said about my explanations. I don't try to take up for Paypal in the sense that I like it, but I am smart enough, as are you, to understand a business must take measures to stay afloat.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.