HORRIBLE IDEA TO HOLD FUNDS FOR 21 DAYS!!!

gearhed78
Contributor
Contributor

Holding funds from sellers until the buyer leaves feedback is the worst idea EVER! Since when does Paypal become an authority on buyer satisfaction?? A smooth transaction is all that I wanted from Paypal. If they are going to hold funds, then they should make it very clear BEFORE you use them!  Keeping my money in their account for 21 days is a HUGE disadvantage of using Paypal. Stick to transferring funds,not trying to be a satisfaction authority!

Login to Me Too
6,286 REPLIES 6,286

tomg
Contributor
Contributor

go to paypal and on and there is a place payment line next  to details is shipping fold it open to tracking

be sure to enter info correctly if it has been delivered  in 3 days after date you will have your money

if not then email them they are pretty quick to release it good luck

Login to Me Too

SpitFireMods
New Community Member

I have been on and off hold this is second time.  They do not release the funds for shipping as they say they do and this time they holding all my money.  Last time they held some and I never had disputes or any reason to use the hold ever.  Now I started selling again and they are holding everything.  How does a business person trying to use this place the way it was designed deal with no money?  I do not know any business that can sell stuff and not use the money to recoup expenses in some way.  This makes no sense and it almost forces problems and things on a persons account.  Hey lets let you sell thousands of dollars and then when the money comes in lets keep it for 21 days.  WTF ARE YOU SERIOUS???  No other business could do this banks, credit cards - but here we are and it is done without any notification prior to it at all.  Rediculous is all it is.

Login to Me Too

sandypurins
Advisor
Advisor

@SpitFireMods wrote:

They do not release the funds for shipping as they say they do...

You need to use PayPal or eBay shipping to print and pay for the shipping label.  My experience is that the amount I paid for the shipping label is released about 3 minutes after the shipping label is printed.  I use PayPal shipping.

Login to Me Too

nanadenise1962
Contributor
Contributor

WHAT A FREAKIN CROCK,I HAVE SPENT ABOUT $65.00 OF MY OWN MONEY IN THE LAST WEEK PRINTING OUT SHIPPING LABELS AND THE SHIPPING FEES THAT THE CUSTOMER PAID TO GET THE ITEM HAS STILL NOT BEEN RELEASED INTO MY ACCOUNT.ONE OF THE QUESTIONS ON THE PAYPAL SITE ABOUT THE LIMITATIONS WAS, CAN I USE MY PENDING FUNDS FOR SHIPPING,ANSWER WAS--- YES, ONCE YOU PRINT THE SHIPPING LABEL, THE FUNDS FROM THE PENDING BALANCE WILL BE CREDITED TO YOUR ACCOUNT,THIS IS THE BIGGEST LIE YET, THE MONEY IS STILL NOT IN MY AVAILABLE BALANCE.PAYPAL AND EBAY HAS COME UP W/THIS NEW STRATEGY TO **bleep** EVERYONE OUT OF THEIR MONEY FOR 21 DAYS BECAUSE DO YOU KNOW HOW MUCH MONEY GOES THROUGH EBAY AND PAYPAL IN 21 DAYS??? I DONT THINK YOUR CALCULATOR GOES THAT HIGH AND THEN ALL THAT MONEY IS HELD IN THE BANK FOR 21 DAYS AND THE **bleep** INTREST THEY ARE GETTING OFF OUR MONEY PAYS OBAMAS SALARY EVERY 21 FREAKIN DAYS,WAKE UP AMERICA, THIS IS LEGALIZED CROOKEDNESS AT ITS VERY BEST.i SAY EVERYONE IN AMERICA THAT IS **bleep** OVER THIS SCAM STOP USING EBAY AND PAYPAL AND SEE HOW FAST THE POLICY CHANGES. i TALKED TO A REP FROM PAYPAL THE OTHER DAY AND TOLD HER,JUST IN CASE YOU BEEN IN A CAVE FOR THE PAST 2 YRS,THE ECONOMY HAS FIZZLED OUT AND WE ARE SELLING THING ON EBAY TO MAKE A DOLLAR OR TWO,BUT IF YOU HOLD MY MONEY LADY FOR 21 DAYS,WHATS THE SENCE IN SELLING,BUY THE TIME YOU GET THE MONEY IN YOUR AVAILABLE BALANCE,YOU MIGHT JUST WIN THE FREAKIN LOTTERY AND THEN YOU CAN TELL EBAY AND PAYPAL TO KISS YOUR **bleep**.THANKS AMERICA FOR LETTING ME VENT,GOOD LUCK TO ALL THE EBAYERS OUT THERE AND REMEMBER, LETS STICK TOGETHER AND STICK IT TO EBAY AND PAYPAL.

Login to Me Too

angrybabe

I WAS JUST HUNG UP ON BY PAYPAL WHILE TRYING TO HAVE THEM RELEASE MY MONEY. THEY TRY EVERY EXCUSE IN THE BOOK EVENTHOUGH EBAY ON THE LINE AGREES MY ACCOUNT IS IN GOOD STANDING. I too am unemployed and just selling to make a few dollars, paypal holds the purchase money AND the shipping charge. I have to find the money to ship these items "quickly" as Ebay&Paypal request, then I wait & wait. This week I was overdrawn twice ($68) becouse my funds are being held while Ebay fees come due, then go to Paypal to get paid and since the money is being held they go to my back up account which causes the 2 over drafts in 1 week.  On my third call of the day to get answers the GUY FIELDING THE QUESTIONS HANGS UP ON ME. On my fourth call on hold right now listening to that **bleep** crazy music for 30 minutes. BY THE WAY MY EBAY ACCOUNT IS "PAST DUE ON EBAY". HOW **bleep**ING CRUEL CAN THESE PEOPLE BE?

Login to Me Too

keytra31
Contributor
Contributor

I think it is ridiculous that Paypal is holding funds for 21+ days. I've just calculated my profits from selling off of ebay and realized between ebay listing and selling fees and paypal fees, I am barely breaking even. Now, paypal holds the funds as well? I would be better off selling my products at a garage sell. Hello Craigslist! Unfortunately, this is the best site to buy and sell. Bend over sellers.

Login to Me Too

dawn9396
Contributor
Contributor

Someone bought  a musical instrument off me. First time i have ever sold on Ebay. It was a exspensive item. So i was never warned when i made the ad about the 21 day hold thing or knowing what i know now,  i would have never did it. Anyways now the money is in paypal from the buyer, so i go to UPS in paypal to print out a shipping label, and it tells me insufficient funds. I'm like what! ???? Well i go back to paypal and take a good look. My money is on hold, but 20 some bucks was taken out for paypal fee. WTF You mean they can take their money, and i cant even use some of the money to ship the item! So i had to go to UPS and out of my own pocket Send the item plus i insured it! I also took pictures and video of my item before it left my house, even how we packed it. For my protection! Now i have to wait for the other end to respond! and leave feedback! Well paypal scam is getting pretty old allready, CAUSE I HAVE A LAWYER ON HAND and well known.. if after the package is recieved and i do not get my money released thats my route i will take, and i know theres alot of other sellers and some buyers doing the same thing and having the same problem. Now i have a exspensive instrument enroute and god knows what will happen when the person gets it! My lawyer told me to document everything from taking pics and video of the item , to bringing it to UPS ! So now i have to wait and see what happens when the person recieves it. This was a big runaround for me and i will never sell on here again! So i'm hoping that this ends peacefully! And everyone is happy! And know problems at all! But i'am ready just in case! This is not good protection for the Seller at all. especially for what i sent! The person who bought it could damage it and leave a bad feedback. No Way And my warrany is stated on the webpage i sold it on!~ and my terms. 21 day hold while paypal makes interest off your money People! Plus i have to worry about my item and money! In the process ! I know US Attorney General is investigating into this! From what my lawyer told me! And what he told me there have been 7 things broken  by PayPal allready! I have been buying on ebay for years and using paypal. But after all this , no more for me!   Dawn

Login to Me Too

Profits
New Community Member

I can't believe any attorney would even be willing to give you the time of day.  I also can't believe you'd be willing to retain an attorney over such a trivial situation.  You're a fool.  And about this "Paypal has already broken 7 things" nonsense; what does that even mean?  Paypal does thousands of transactions per day.  If the total number of Paypal's problems for the lifetime of the company amounts to 7 for chargebacks, complaints, disputes, and fraud, that's a pretty solid number by anyone's standards.

I'm pretty sure that both the attorney general and your attorney have better things to be doing with their time than being concerned about a 21 day hold on funds transferred to your Paypal account.

Good luck, you're going to need it.

Login to Me Too

DaXX

Actually, I don't think she will need luck.  Only if paypal doesn't explain any 21 day hold on funds in their terms of service.  And with regards to your "if 7 is all paypal has to worry about" it's not.  By reading these forums it appears they **bleep** up a lot and there are a lot of angry people. Strange things happen all the time.  You never know, paypal may go bankrupt tomorrow, maybe not, but if you anger customers eventually you go out of business.

Login to Me Too

dawn9396
Contributor
Contributor

My Attorney allready ended this ! So Yes small person can fight BIG PERSON! And Be Right !  Besides the way my lawyers are, attention is all over the news! Networks and everything! 2-4-7- Networks would love to investigate this and make a big speal over it! **bleep** Its news and media coverage !!!!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.