HORRIBLE IDEA TO HOLD FUNDS FOR 21 DAYS!!!

gearhed78
Contributor
Contributor

Holding funds from sellers until the buyer leaves feedback is the worst idea EVER! Since when does Paypal become an authority on buyer satisfaction?? A smooth transaction is all that I wanted from Paypal. If they are going to hold funds, then they should make it very clear BEFORE you use them!  Keeping my money in their account for 21 days is a HUGE disadvantage of using Paypal. Stick to transferring funds,not trying to be a satisfaction authority!

Login to Me Too
6,286 REPLIES 6,286

alucard
Contributor
Contributor
Man I'm so **bleep**ed. Today I got my first sell. Actually two of them. The first person's money went right thru and I used it to ship the package. The second larger order payment has been held by paypal. I don't have the money to ship right now. This is crazy now I have to try to borrow money to pay for shipping for something I sold.
Login to Me Too

JONLAW
New Community Member

@jff91462 wrote:

Another thing I wanted to touch on is not all Buyer's of mine follow through and leave FEEDBACK!! So Im left waiting for the money to be freed up! Im not rich.. I live paycheck to paycheck and often sell to get by between paydays!

Also there was no warning or heads up on this scam !..Being treated like a child on allowance with My own money!

I may not sell anymore!  Release My Funds or I take My business elsewhere!!

Login to Me Too

tj5474
Contributor
Contributor

It amazes me that with electronic banking your money can be taken from your account within minutes, but when it comesto refunds or temporary holds, it turns into days.  My bank has already released funds to PayPal, but PayPal has not liftedits temporary hold which is causing an even longer delay on receiving my refund.  This is not a first, but will probably bea last for me.  It is taking too long to have payments and refunds processed via PayPal.  I don't have the money to wait fordays on end to have funds posted back to my account.

Login to Me Too

fluffygrandma
Contributor
Contributor

I'm sorry for your problems. Even though I am not a seller I am a buyer and I have a credit limit. Not a real Credit Card but, a buyers credit or something like that. I paid the account off and they said it would take up to 3 weeks to apply it to my account. So now, I have been charged interest and finace charges on an account that I paid off and still waiting for my money to be applied to the account. I remember Ebay and Paypal being the best thing back in the early 2000. I loved and did my home based business through them. Never a problem. Now when I call to speak to someone I don't even understand what the person is saying, and they can't even answer my questions. My ear hears, " Do you understand mam"? I give up. If they credit it great, if not then so be it. I can live without it, but I am telling everyone just how horrible paypal has become and Ebay.

Have a great day, and once again I do feel for you all.

Login to Me Too

tcsdesign73
New Community Member

I have had the same hold problem with paypal, and on ebay, a rash of non paying bidders, mainly because as a seller, we can no longer leave negative feedback for npb's.

Take heart guys, you can always use epier auctions, free to list and the stores were free too. Traffic is a bit slow but you can et your listing to auto relist free and they relist over and over no worries. You can then offer amazon payment, google checkout, money orders or whichever method you prefer.

If enough sellers use it, where will the buyers go? Smiley Wink

Ioffer is ok too, with the many payment options, but for me, mostly out of country sales, but only 2 npb's so far..again, traffic slow but.. 🙂

If you sell handmade items, artfire offers a 10 listings free store, unlimited if you upgrade, is a small monthly fee - the only charge they have, if you can afford it.

Zibbet is the same with listings and things, pretty new. Anyway, there are other places to try, if enough sellers find one they like and stick with it...

Anyways, good luck and best of wishes to all!

Login to Me Too

addington423
New Community Member

Just wanted to say same thing here still not  paid but pay pal got there money.

Login to Me Too

lorriebensky
Contributor
Contributor

Exactly! Just because my last seller didn't bother to leave feedback (even though she RECEIVED her item in 48 hours, my funds are being withheld. Does this mean we get to withhold payment to Ebay to make sure our ad is PERFECT? No! They take it right away, we pay everything right away. I too need the money and this is a subsidy, but Paypal/Ebay doesn't give a **bleep**. They simply collect interest on our funds like the freaking Federal Government! Did Obama take over Paypal now? Somebody, help. Tell me what to do to speed them up!

Login to Me Too

sandypurins
Advisor
Advisor

@lorriebensky wrote:

Tell me what to do to speed them up!

You can speed up the release of held funds by providing PayPal with online viewable proof of delivery... USPS Delivery Confirmation and UPS/FedEx tracking numbers satisfy this requirement.

PayPal will often release the payment 3 days after PayPal can confirm delivery of the item. If the shipping company's website shows the item as delivered and if PayPal has the tracking number and if it's been more than 3 days since the item was delivered, call PayPal to ask if it's sufficient to release the hold.

Login to Me Too

hwfiv1

But HOW do you tell them it's delivered? I have seen several posts telling me how to do it, and no matter where I look on paypal or ebay transaction records, can I find anything but "track package". And that just pops me over to the USPS website with the tracking information.

But how do I tell these crooks at paypal that my items have been signed for?

I just moved from LA to NYC and was COUNTING on the $$ from my two ebay sales. I sent them both express, the buyers both got their items. I keep hoping for positive feedback, but they haven't gotten around to it yet. And now I'm in NYC and I can't buy FOOD because the thousand bucks I was COUNTING on is being held by these *&*#(& CROOKS!!

Someone arrest the paypal officers! They are a SCAM!!

Login to Me Too

sandypurins
Advisor
Advisor

@hwfiv1 wrote:

But HOW do you tell them it's delivered?

Login to your PayPal account, click on the "Details" link for the payment, scroll down towards the bottom of the page and click on the "Add Tracking Info" link... it's in the "Shipping" section of the Transaction Details page..

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.