HORRIBLE IDEA TO HOLD FUNDS FOR 21 DAYS!!!

gearhed78
Contributor
Contributor

Holding funds from sellers until the buyer leaves feedback is the worst idea EVER! Since when does Paypal become an authority on buyer satisfaction?? A smooth transaction is all that I wanted from Paypal. If they are going to hold funds, then they should make it very clear BEFORE you use them!  Keeping my money in their account for 21 days is a HUGE disadvantage of using Paypal. Stick to transferring funds,not trying to be a satisfaction authority!

Login to Me Too
6,286 REPLIES 6,286

readuseragreeme
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

@bwoo3969 wrote:

This 21 days, what is this? I have items to buy and i cant wait 21 days i have given the tracking # why do i have to wait for feedback? I thought Feedback was for ebay i didnt know that would affect my money! Why does paypal get to decide when i can have my money? This is not fair! I want to buy something and they are running out of items they are at 3 i need the money so i can get one before they run out, why can paypal keep my money from me? I need it.

Paypal holds your funds to assess risks related to your account. 

Did you read the user agreement?

Did you read pages 1-373 of "Horrible Idea to Hold Funds for 21 Days!" or just start spewing unproductive nonsense and insults?

Oh and by the way you dont "need"  to buy items through paypal...you dont "need"  your money

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

Hi everyone,

I've reopened this thread for discussion. The expectation is that the discussion will stay on topic and there will be no further hostility between members.

The PayPal Community Help Forums Posting Guidelines are the responsibility of every member to follow at all times. Because this thread got particularly heated, I'll expect even closer adherence from those who were involved. I believe that productive discussion can and will occur going forward, and I look forward to all of your posts!

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

Oh, I almost forgot, I wanted to make the following suggestion to all -

In a thread like this one, where many topics have been merged and threaded, I would recommend switching your view to sort posts chronologically. It will make it clearer which posts are new, because they will show up at the end of the thread if you sort "Oldest to Newest" (that one's my preference) or at the beginning of the thread if you sort "Newest to Oldest". If you sort the thread by topic, it's easy to lose posts in the middle of the thread and not see the flow of discussion as it evolves.

To change your sorting, go to the top of this page, on the left, just below the large graphic. Use the "More topic options" dropdown and select your preferred sorting method.

I hope this helps!

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

Djten
Contributor
Contributor

Dear Olivia:

There's no need for me to switch topics. I've been posting with this topic since Day 1. Let these new posters vent. Besides these comments and complaints for me have gotten too redundant. I didn't intend to stay on this long. I have other important things to tend to. So thanks and it's been fun. I'll let these new people figure out the solutions since mine don't seem to help.

Login to Me Too

tnkid99
New Community Member

Going somewhere else to buy/sell.  Added fees and holding money for 21 days, charging for shipping. etc., 

ABSOLUTELY REDICILOUS!   Boycot suggest.

Been here since 1999.

Login to Me Too

readuseragreeme
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

@tnkid99 wrote:

Going somewhere else to buy/sell.  Added fees and holding money for 21 days, charging for shipping. etc., 

ABSOLUTELY REDICILOUS!   Boycot suggest.

Been here since 1999.

Join the others your situation is not unique.

But you insightful thread title is unique and bigoted

Login to Me Too

sisenber
Contributor
Contributor

I have been a PayPal client for almost 10 years.  Today PayPal decided to hold funds on a $2000 payment made from one of my customers who had been paying through PayPal for almost 3 years. 

When I called to inquire I was told that elected to "investigate" and it might take 10 or more days to resolve.  I asked if I would be credited with the interest that PayPal would receive while they "held" payment.  I was told no I would not. 

So, if PayPal decided to "investigate" lets say 1000 payments at approx $2000 each for 15 days, how much interest would they receive on that amount for that period of time?

This is not right and it seems it would be illegal.

Login to Me Too

profdata
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Since you state you now the payment is good and have completedmany sales with this buyer, have you shipped out the item.

Login to Me Too

sisenber
Contributor
Contributor

No shipping involved.  This is payment for IT Services.

Login to Me Too

sondre
Contributor
Contributor

Start asking your old customers to pay straight to yor bank account ,

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.