HORRIBLE IDEA TO HOLD FUNDS FOR 21 DAYS!!!

gearhed78
Contributor
Contributor

Holding funds from sellers until the buyer leaves feedback is the worst idea EVER! Since when does Paypal become an authority on buyer satisfaction?? A smooth transaction is all that I wanted from Paypal. If they are going to hold funds, then they should make it very clear BEFORE you use them!  Keeping my money in their account for 21 days is a HUGE disadvantage of using Paypal. Stick to transferring funds,not trying to be a satisfaction authority!

Login to Me Too
6,286 REPLIES 6,286

polachee
Contributor
Contributor

I'm in!!  Sign me up.   To tell you the truth, I'm getting tired of all the changes that occur without 'sufficient' notification or member input.  I'm turning to Ebid.  They have far less rules.  I'm not FORCED to use paypal.  I can accept a money order.   Restrictions are reasonable, & they are growing because of the unfair ebay /

@jackovercasher wrote:

This new payment holds policy is B.S. as a member in good standing for almost 4 years and a rating of 100% i am highly upset that paypal who has a monopoly on ebay is basically taking their fees off top and placing holds for up to 19 days on items sold. this is a hassle and i hope that it causes them to lose much business. i am an occasional seller and unlike the major sellers on here i cannot afford to wait for my money this long. I wish there were some way for myself and other members to sign an online petition demanding a change in this. it is unfair to the little guy and i myself am boycotting there service.

@jackovercasher wrote:

This new payment holds policy is B.S. as a member in good standing for almost 4 years and a rating of 100% i am highly upset that paypal who has a monopoly on ebay is basically taking their fees off top and placing holds for up to 19 days on items sold. this is a hassle and i hope that it causes them to lose much business. i am an occasional seller

pp policies.   There is something I can do....Take my business elswhere.   

Login to Me Too

hbogdon
Contributor
Contributor

there is a website that has started a class action suit against them its letssuepaypal.com. I have already signed up to be part of it. everyone should

Login to Me Too

dastar89
New Community Member
Amen to that!!! I'm tired of having to call PayPal waiting 0ver 30 mins and sh%@ killing my day time minutes just to have my hold released. I mean **bleep** what is the purpose of the f.n resolution center if there was a problem let the buyer or seller open there own dispute like seriously this this crap.
Login to Me Too

nicky123
Contributor
Contributor

I see a major lawsuit coming!!!!

Login to Me Too

wvdad01
Contributor
Contributor

Yes this is BS because i have had my account for 3 years have a 100 dsr,not 1 complaint and i have 1 of my last buyers did not leave feedback and closed their account so PP holding my money because they did not leave feedback.

Login to Me Too

kcash45
New Community Member

As usual Paypal put my recieved funds from a customer in "Pending Balance" which means i have no access to that money until i can jump through their hoops and prove im an upstanding seller. the problem is I have to prove it over and over and over again. I deal on a per purchase basis im not some big company with a zillion feedbacks but never the less i Am an upstanding Merchant just trying to make an honest living. I have to have access to my money to buy and sell and i have news for you paypal MOST small businesses operate that way. I cannot afford to have my money sitting for 21 days or more and not have access to it and the bottom line is ITS MY MONEY!!!

The payment hold rule is UNFAIRLY aimed at the small business guy and its time we small business men and women take a stand against this. what a STUPID way of doing business. c-mon paypal let the little guy in we want to use paypal and e-bay too but what we dont want is to be penalized because we dont sell 50 items a day. I have hopes of 1 day selling that much but for now im not in that company. drop this idiotic rule and stop justifying it with  it for "Consumer Protection" it has nothing to do with that in my opinion there has to be a better way

Login to Me Too

lildude_03
New Community Member

why does pay pal hold my money after the buyer left a positive feedback and confirmed that he recived the item. they said that if he confirmed that he recived the item or left a positive feed back that i would be able to acess my money. This company is a joke, i will never use pay pal again for the simple fact that they need to get a life and give me my money.

Login to Me Too

caglefan
New Community Member

i totally agree! i am a new ebay user and had no idea i would have to wait 21 days after each sell to get my money-i thought it was an initial 21 days and that was it which i could deal with. but when am i considered a not new ebay user? its awful

Login to Me Too

pet-rescuer
Contributor
Contributor

Paypal and eBay are now one and the same.  They are holding our payments to collect interest and ripping buyers and sellers off.  This needs to be stopped and eBay and PayPal should never have been allowed to combine!  This is just about as close to a monopoly as one can get and encourages abuses by both eBay and PayPal.  My bank just verified my check cleared on the 26th of November and as of November 30th my seller still has not been notified he has been paid. 

There have been nothing but complaints since PayPal and eBay merged.  It's time to untie that financial marriage!

Login to Me Too

Djten
Contributor
Contributor

Pet-rescuer wrote:

This needs to be stopped and eBay and PayPal should never have been allowed to combine! .....

You know, obviously you haven't read any other of the previous posts. What do you mean "never should have been allowed"?? Not trying to poke fun at you, but I've said this about a couple of dozen times already that we ARE NOT dealing with the Mom & Pop grocery store on the corner of our neighborhoods. These are  MULTI-BILLION DOLLAR CORPORATIONS. Do you honestly think they're going to ask us our opinion about any of their big money transactions??? I know you're tee'd like the rest of us but let's be for real here, my friend.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.