HORRIBLE IDEA TO HOLD FUNDS FOR 21 DAYS!!!

gearhed78
Contributor
Contributor

Holding funds from sellers until the buyer leaves feedback is the worst idea EVER! Since when does Paypal become an authority on buyer satisfaction?? A smooth transaction is all that I wanted from Paypal. If they are going to hold funds, then they should make it very clear BEFORE you use them!  Keeping my money in their account for 21 days is a HUGE disadvantage of using Paypal. Stick to transferring funds,not trying to be a satisfaction authority!

Login to Me Too
6,286 REPLIES 6,286

scrumpy

http://www.petitionspot.com/petitions/paypal21/

im going to  get paypal to remove this dumb policy

Login to Me Too

flora
Contributor
Contributor

okay..so the real question is after 21 days? does everyone get their funds? plus how does the 21 days of hold work? i have many transaction so there going to be money coming in every day...will that delay the 21 days?

Login to Me Too

terigail1972
New Community Member

I completely agree. Just how long are you concidered new anyway so they can hold your money? It is very irritating.

Login to Me Too

cathym
Contributor
Contributor

I don't believe Pay Pal doesn't make interest on the money they hold. If it is a dime or hundreds of dollars.

They are most definately a bank.

Customer Service personnel will say anything they think will make you more satisfied. They don't know the banking system anymore than you do.

They are like you and me. They applied for a job and that is answering phones with a script to tell them the answer to use for most questions. When they don't have an answer they make one up to get off the phone with you.

Pay Pal like all the other banks right now are suppose to be making it easier for us right now. But during these hard times they are making our lives even harder.

The banking industries greed is equal to the greed of all these mega corps where the CEO's pay themselves millions of dollars to do a job that is not equal to what they earn.

We are all their minions if you like it or not.

I would think also that another Bank should see that Pay Pals  business is there for the taking. We are all fed up with their unethical practices.

Login to Me Too

amethystlady2

cathym, I do not agree with you about "all customer service" reps...Having worked in that capacity for several years, I had NO script...I was trained on policy....I can't help what paypal and ebay are doing, but you have no right to diminish the entire workforce of customer/publc servcie employees...

Login to Me Too

Jude_Andrews
Contributor
Contributor

Is there ANY alternative to PayPal? They are awful.

Login to Me Too

tk2800
New Community Member

Yup lame idea.. now I have no money to ship with... I will never know if they reverse this policy because I refunded the buyers $300.30 through pay pal and canceled the sell with ebay... After all this goes through I will cancel both accounts....nice move paypal/ebay =(

Login to Me Too

temp20180326p
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Paypal telling respected seller to feel free to close their account and take their business elsewhere - Paypal knows that as the ONLY online payment company "approved" (which equals "owned by") EBAY, there is no where else to go.  They have scared the casual ebay buyer into thinking that they must use Paypal to get protection.  This assures that sellers have to put up with Paypal policies.  What a wicked loop they have so finely created.

Paypal has grossly underestimated the professionalism of the majority of Ebay Sellers and their pride in making sure that sales are properly delivered.  I am so offended after having 100% positive and more than 1000 feebacks in the last ten years to have my account held.  We are your bread and butter and you seem to be making sure all buyers are covered but totally forgetting your other client, the seller. 

We need our money to do our job so how bout you give it back!!!!!

Login to Me Too

Liv_N_Low
Contributor
Contributor

PayPal is definitely making money off of us Honest Sellers. It's no doubt they are when a average Power Seller pulls in an average $10,000 on the low end and $100,000 on the higher end and PayPal makes the choice in keeping your money to say this is Random act of choice to be picked by them. Its not Random as they know exactly what they are doing when you as a Seller is pulling in $10,000 to $100,000 a year. Its no doubt highway robbery and I am sure its against the law and PayPal will be here for the future to **bleep** people over or be gone when the word gets out to many Lawyers across the good o'l USA. I hope PayPal has good Lawyers to protect their A$$$$ES as I am betting they will close up and run when papers are served to be in Court about many issues the way they run their Corp. I hope PayPal is reading this as " yes " they are being looked into I am sure by many people complaing and turning them in on many websites as well as many Honest Lawyers that want to make a few $1,000's by taking on a case like this. PayPal will lose at the end when no one wants to sell on eBay and deal with PayPal keeping their money for 21 days.

Speaking of 21 Days in keeping a person's money...... How many Stores can we just walk in and say " hey I like to have you deliver this out of your pocket and wait for 21 Days WITHOUT Interests tacked on at the end like Credit Card Corps do ???? " ( Nobody that I know would do this if they are not making any money !!!!!!! ) Its highway robbery and we as the people need to stand up to this crappy Corp who only cares about ripping us off and the o'l mighty dollar. I hate calling them from the USA as everytime they answer the phones they always have a Korean person who only speaks broken English to help me. I think the phones are set up that way so when you speak English you will always get a Korean person to speak too and vise virsus if you speak German / Spanish / Italian etc... you will always get the wrong person to speak too. It plain well S/ucks to try and solve a problem.

Login to Me Too

eco123eco
Contributor
Contributor

As more and more Ebay Stores come in the small guy is being pushed out.  Ebay is becoming the Wal-Mart of the Internet.  We made Ebay, from Ebay came Pay-Pal.  Now that they have Wal-Mart Status, they no longer care about the small guy.  Look at all the sellers from China.  We are being wiped out here, they have forgotten it was us the little guy that made them.  Now they are catering to idea's and stores that have but one goal and that is too get rid of us the little guy.  There are no embargo's, no tariff's, no trade taxes on any products from foreign counties.  We can't compete with the prices coming out of China.  How many times have you saw the Listing say American seller?  People don't care about American anymore, they care about price.  Time has become a matter of choice, pay more for now or way less for later.  We are all doomed here as small guys.  It's time we move on and start over at another site and learn from our mistakes here.  When the Ebay Express stores failed, they all came to Ebay.  Freedom is about choice, we all need to move on and let them have their Wal-Mart.  Little guy can't make it here no more especially when they hold our money to pay huge bonuses to their shareholders. 

Together we can make a stand, and with our profits from our stand we can go re-build our own Ebay and Pay-Pal.  We have done it once so we can do it again.  Let them have China, let them have the big guys, together we march out of here and never forget what they did to us after we made them.  Americans can no longer accept or tolerate these type's of dis-loyalties.  No company can be allowed to ever do this again.  This isn't about Ebay and Pay-Pal.  This is about who we are as Americans, right here right now!  You can't be allowed to get to the top anymore and then forget where you came from.  We have to fight, we have to stand right here right now and carry this message from Ebay and Paypal, to the courts and to the White House.  This is about  Americans on the cutting edge being treated like crap after making a great idea truly great.  Think about how kids now treat their parents as they grow into adults.  No one cares where they came from anymore once they become a success.  It's easier to take the money and run rather than improve the quality of service for the little guy who made you.  This issue is bigger than all os us, it is about America, it is about Americans, American idea's, it is about us the little guy.  Maybe we don't agree with all of President Obama, but I don't think anyone has ever fully agreed with any President.  However, President Obama is right.  It's time for change.  Change is not going to happen unless we are willing to make the effort for change.  Change is not easy, it will be hard, but change is the future and without it nothing will change.

Look at our country.  Healthcare is about money, not saving lives, or making better citizens to fight wars and pay taxes.  Pay-Pal and Ebay are about money, so are we.  But change is about being something more, remember customer loyalties, helping the small guy, and sadly as I have to say it, the Country of China is about change.  Americans refuse to change, we refuse to fight, we refuse to stand and be heard, all we want to do is talk and talk does not change anything.  How many of us are willing to give our lives to Bring Forth Change and end the last 2 decades of The Influence of Money?  It's time for us to Change America, this issue is just one little trivial fight, but this is where it all starts, RIGHT HERE RIGHT NOW! 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.