HORRIBLE IDEA TO HOLD FUNDS FOR 21 DAYS!!!

gearhed78
Contributor
Contributor

Holding funds from sellers until the buyer leaves feedback is the worst idea EVER! Since when does Paypal become an authority on buyer satisfaction?? A smooth transaction is all that I wanted from Paypal. If they are going to hold funds, then they should make it very clear BEFORE you use them!  Keeping my money in their account for 21 days is a HUGE disadvantage of using Paypal. Stick to transferring funds,not trying to be a satisfaction authority!

Login to Me Too
6,286 REPLIES 6,286

balistic
New Community Member

I have 100% feedback since 2002.  The last bidder said he bid by mistake and didn't want to win what he won.

To reverse the transaction at the bidder's request, we had to do a dispute, that was the only way.

So, I reversed and and didn't even give him bad feedback.

Now my account is on a 21 day hold...for no reason.

I read how to get "reinstated" and I do all those things, fast shipping, delivery confirmation, etc...there is nothing

on the list, I didn't already do.

THERE IS NO REASON FOR THE HOLD.

And of course, no response at my protest.

What is going on that PayPal has to hold my measley little funds for 21 days????

Jan

Login to Me Too

acmtx40
New Community Member

My best guess is they're collecting interest off mine, yours and "other" accounts, I too 100% (438) and my funds are being held, WHY???? Because they can!!!! Member since 2002 and we get treated like a Theif!!!  mj

Login to Me Too

srt8dave
New Community Member

I just got this email as well.  Sent an email inquiring why my funds will be held because I'm well within the guidlines they mention in the FAQs.   I'm a very loyal PayPal customer and always click on PayPal upon checkout when available.  I love how easy PayPal has made transactions and I'll always choose a vendor that has PayPal checkout, over the vedor that does not.  This leaves a bad taste in my mouth and if I don't get a reasonable reply, I'll close my account.

Login to Me Too

nyde13
New Community Member

This is also happening to me although this is my first time selling, they still shouldnt do this. I need the money right away because I have a custom reborn order and need the money for supplies/kit ect. and needs to be delivered by feb. 12th, 2012. Now I cant get my money till the 8th of Feb. and can't do it all in 3 days. This could affect my life i do these customs for a living.

Login to Me Too

Z06

+1

Just got off the phone with PayPal and escillated(sp) call to the supervisor and still got the same run-around. The kicker is I'll be late for rent, late for car payment and so on. I'm very frustrated.

Login to Me Too

cw12
New Community Member

Hi, I have been reading about PayPal holding on to funds even after the item has been shipped, received, and positive feedback left. It is becoming a huge issue for sellers.

I am having a huge problem with it myself. I sold a phone on ebay, the buyer paid fast via PayPal, so I shipped out the item via USPS Priority Mail and provided a tracking number. Today (Jan 18) the buyer left feedback and it was positive. In my account it says Complete-Funds not available yet. I don't understand if PayPal plans to hold the money for 21 days or you get it sooner depending on how you ship the item, then why must they hold the money even AFTER you do all the steps they say, mark the item as shipped, provide a tracking number, I did EVERYTHING they say. I came on here first because if I call them I know I will be on the phone for at least 5 hours.

Is anyone else have the funds hold problem as well? I just feel that if the buyer has tracking of their shipment, and they received the item and left positive feedback then the seller should get access to their funds.

This is really becoming a huge problem as I need to use the money for fees and such and bills. I remember when PayPal was not like this.

Login to Me Too

erick3nvyent

I am having the same problem 😠

Login to Me Too

Devandotson
Contributor
Contributor

Truly a joke this gives the buyer 21 days to use, abuse and break your product and then demand refund. This is ridiculous.

Login to Me Too

DKing05
Contributor
Contributor

As with the rest of you, I am SERIOUSLY disgruntled about the situation.  I don't think any of us would be selling if we didn't need the funds immediately.  I have sold before and have not had to face this problem.  At first I'm thinking, ok, it's been my first sell after a few months but then to make another sell a few days later and have to wait MORE! The first funds haven't even been released!  If there is a problem, why don't they let the buyers file a dispute?!  I recently sent an email to PayPal service center and I hope with everything in me that they re-consider this foolishness in holding payments!

Login to Me Too

ROBINLYN
New Community Member

I am ey arehaving the same problems even though it says my funds should be available today they aren't available

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.