HORRIBLE IDEA TO HOLD FUNDS FOR 21 DAYS!!!

gearhed78
Contributor
Contributor

Holding funds from sellers until the buyer leaves feedback is the worst idea EVER! Since when does Paypal become an authority on buyer satisfaction?? A smooth transaction is all that I wanted from Paypal. If they are going to hold funds, then they should make it very clear BEFORE you use them!  Keeping my money in their account for 21 days is a HUGE disadvantage of using Paypal. Stick to transferring funds,not trying to be a satisfaction authority!

Login to Me Too
6,286 REPLIES 6,286

fishesnsun
New Community Member

I have been with paypal for a few years and I don't remember having a dispute with any customers . So why do we who are good sellers and not having disputes have to wait for our payments ? What is the purpose of doing this ?

Maybe if you @ paypal are finding problems with some accounts you should take care of those . Don't punish all of us for the dealings of a few.

Login to Me Too

tyrdav
New Community Member

This is an AWFUL idea, definitely a disadavantage to the seller. Whats the point of having a verified account??? This is gonna cause alot of people to not use paypal anymore. 

Login to Me Too

hdowns
New Community Member

I have to vent because this is ridiculous! I use ebay to buy and sell on a very limited basis. example: i wanted to upgrade my iphone so i sold an old iphone to pay for it. i recieve the money from my buyers then have to wait weeks before I can use the money. My entire basis of selling something on ebay is to get the money to pay for something i want, so obviously i want the money immediately not 10 days later! I have a 100% rating on ebay and I always shipnext day service.My only downfall is that according to paypal I dont sell enough on ebay to get my "hold" taken off my account. Absolute bullcrap!!!! wish there was a way to boycott paypal but its the only way to use ebay....they got you by the balls!

Login to Me Too

rmar1340
Contributor
Contributor

Tell me about it!!!! I thought I'd finally found a way to make money on this huge frickin scam they call the internet. But as usual they have their **bleep**ed up rules to blow that pipe dream. I guess they need to hold our money so they can collect interest on it so they can add it to their pitiful TRILLION FRICKIN DOLLAR bank account....Think I'll just find another auction site.

Login to Me Too

magentasunrise
Contributor
Contributor

I am still waiting for "PENDING" funds to be cleared from as far back as DEC 29th.

The merchandise has been shipped, received by the buyer, positve feedback has been left by both parties and I AM STILL WAITING to receive the money.

I CANNOT AFFORD TO SELL ITEMS ON EBAY ANY LONGER. I CANNOT USE PAYPAL BECAUSE THEY HAVE INSTILLED THIS POLICY OF HOLDING FUNDS.

MANY MANY SELLERS ON EBAY ARE FEELING THE SAME AS I DO. THIS POLICY US UNFAIR AND PENALIZES THE SELLER. IT DOSNT MATTER HOW FAST I SHIP, PAYPAL STILL HOLD MY FUNDS.

PAYPAL IS GOING TO LOSE CUSTOMERS BECAUSE OF THIS POLICY, IF THEY HAVE NOT ALREADY. I AM GOING TO CLOSE MY ACCT AND WILL HAVE TO STOP SELLING ON EBAY AS WELL. 

Login to Me Too

Mackavelle
Contributor
Contributor

Paypal is nobody pal not only are they holding my funds now when I purchase shipping labels they take the funds from my bank account without my knowledge. Now I have to pay overdrafts charges which makes all this not even worth doing great idea Paypal your being bias has discourage me from selling on E-bay anymore.

Login to Me Too

thgrace78
Contributor
Contributor

@Mackavelle wrote:

Paypal is nobody pal not only are they holding my funds now when I purchase shipping labels they take the funds from my bank account without my knowledge. Now I have to pay overdrafts charges which makes all this not even worth doing great idea Paypal your being bias has discourage me from selling on E-bay anymore.

This is also where I am at... I was careful.. 4 months Ive dealt with these holds just because I wanted to sell more, and despite the holds, continued to be great seller.  Now not only do I have items to ship, I'm in the hole and they wont give me the $ that was paid to ME to ship. 

Thanks paypal.  Nice doing business with you - you just put me out! 

Login to Me Too

ackite
New Community Member

Today I received an email telling me that my Paypal deposited funds would be held for 21 days pending review. Given that I'm a customer of many years, with NO DISPUTES and 426 eBay feedbacks, ALL POSITIVE, I can only assume this is a Paypal-eBay CORPORATE-LEVEL SCAM to withhold my money even longer than you do to collect more interest. Did you learn no lesson from Bank of America or Verizon?

As I told the rep on the other end of the phone today, I will withdraw my Paypal funds as soon as possible and look into another online service. This is part of why eBay has become sadder and sadder as time goes by. To treat a longtime loyal customer who has had NO problems, is the height of stupidity. 

Login to Me Too

tr4driver
Contributor
Contributor

I spent half an hour on the phone with a customer service representative talking about the policy.  She couldn't seem to understand why I would be upset with a service that I pay for (with the expectation that it enables customers to pay me quickly and easily) that now provides an added security level to the buyer (who is not paying for the service) at the expense of my convenience.  Heck, that makes even less sense when I type it out.  Anyway, back in my early days of eBay (I've been a member since 2000), I only dealt in USPS money orders.  It added 2 or 3 days to the transaction, but I didn't really trust PayPal with my credit card and/or bank information.  Now from a seller standpoint, money orders make a lot of sense.  I get my money in 3 or 4 days tops, and I don't ship until I get the money (like the good old days) versus waiting almost a week (at least) *after* I ship to get the money.  Let's see...  remind me again why I need PayPal.

Login to Me Too

singaldo
New Community Member

its fuc#%n crazy if i would have known on ebay that paypal would hold cash for 21 days i would never have sold on ebay in the first place, i feel you pain

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.