HORRIBLE IDEA TO HOLD FUNDS FOR 21 DAYS!!!

gearhed78
Contributor
Contributor

Holding funds from sellers until the buyer leaves feedback is the worst idea EVER! Since when does Paypal become an authority on buyer satisfaction?? A smooth transaction is all that I wanted from Paypal. If they are going to hold funds, then they should make it very clear BEFORE you use them!  Keeping my money in their account for 21 days is a HUGE disadvantage of using Paypal. Stick to transferring funds,not trying to be a satisfaction authority!

Login to Me Too
6,286 REPLIES 6,286

bfischer609
Contributor
Contributor

This is BULL$HIT.

Last week PayPal placed a banner on my account page that stated “All received funds will be temporarily held for 21 days.’

I have a 100% positive, 0 negative feedback profile on ebay. Never had a dispute in 10 years. I’ve had my ebay and PayPal accounts for 10 years.

The “held money is being still being held even though the person recieved their package. As a test today I sold something to a friend, in person, not through ebay. He sent me $6 through my email adress attached to Paypal. THAT MONEY IS BEING HELD!! How can you prove that someone you sold something to in person recieved the item???!!!!

Login to Me Too

Tb88
Contributor
Contributor

Yea.. I have 100% positive feedback.. i added tracking.. i shipped off the item 10 hours after payment..marked as shipped..the buyer provided positive feedback and let them know everything was good to go..today was my release date..no money..i have training for a new job .. the #1 non retail employer in Pennsylvania..and they are holding the money i need for transportation..this is really hurting me

Login to Me Too

Crafty_1-Two
Contributor
Contributor

I'm sorry to hear about that PayPal takes lots of liberties with other peoples money, just think if you took one million people and times that number by $20.00 in their accounts do you know how much money that they have that they make interest on and then the nerve to make you pay them interest it comes out to be $2,000,0000.00 and you know that there a lot more people that have a lot more money. Send you complaint to The District Attorneys' Office in Santa Clara, California where PAYPAL is located.  Also, keep all your information and send copies to the agencies listed file complaints with The Justice Department, State Department of Banking, "DFI" Department of Financial Institutions, The BBB, The Federal Trade Commission,The Consumer Affairs Department for fraud and unfair business practices.  Its faster online and for the ones who can't send it email get sent regular mail or faxed. You can't get in contact with the other people, you might want to Face Book them.  My "MESS" started in October 2011 and its still Morphing into what I have no idea I still send all my information to the District Attorney's Office along with the other agencies. If you get someone to give you a name good luck on that one 98% give no name and the other 2% give false names.
Login to Me Too

linblair
New Community Member

what a scam this "held money" bs is.....

Login to Me Too

big6849
New Community Member

For pay pal to do this is totally unjust to people who have a great  record with eBay and pay pal ,yes they should punish the one's with negative ratings ,but not everyone as for me I,m done eBay has just lost a seller and a buyer thanks to pay pal.

Login to Me Too

DXCity
New Community Member

money you receive will be temporarily held in a pending balance. This really ridiculous  do you know that most of us small businesses have to take money we make one day and pay bills the next.. With the economy the way it is we don't have a lot of inventory on extra cash on hand to let you hold it for 21 days.. We have to take our sale profits and pay for inventory the next.. This will kill us .I have been with PayPal for years and happy.Until this.. I will tell you one thing this is the worst thing you could have ever done under this struggling economy.. Outraged!  Bruce DX City! Since 1967!

Login to Me Too

lance1
New Community Member

I AM A NEW SELLER AND HAVE SOLD OVER $20,000.00 AND I AM UP TO 54 ON MY FEEDBACK,NEVER ONE PROBLEM.NOW THEY START HOLDING MY MONEY FOR 21 DAYS BECAUSE THEY DO NOT TRUST ME.THEY SAID IT WAS FOR MY ON PROTECTION.THEY ARE JUST RIP OFF'S MAKING SOME EXTRA MONEY.

Login to Me Too

duhwut
New Community Member

This is bull**bleep**. I run a small business and havent even sold 40 items on ebay yet, and i have a great seller's rating. I have multiple payments coming up and i can't access my own money. I think its absolutely rediculous that paypal holds my money for 21 days. THE BUYERS ON EBAY ONLY HAVE 7 DAYS TO RETURN AN ITEM FOR A REFUND! This is stupid. I hope Google comes up with their own way to do online exchanges and rids paypal from the internet.

Login to Me Too

bcraggs
Contributor
Contributor

i have been selling for over a month and made £246 in my first four months , so now a payment hold was added to my account even though i got varified and added the ME logo info on my account the people at ebay and paypal have both bank account and card details to my account so i could sell, i waited for the two small amounts to go into my bank,

then 27 days in and when i had sold to around 30 buyers and all thoes sellers gave positive feedback , i had one case opened and closed on the same day , and the concerned buyer even said they accted rashley and withdrew the complaint the same day and left glowing feedback.

i could have understood if the hold was in place the first few weeks but to add this hold now and with the volume of sales involved i now cant post items as i cant get the postage money out of my account (surley the reason we charge postage so we can afford to post ?)anyone else inthe same situation email ebay/ now and change this rediculous prosses which in no way damages the very people it should highlite as they are long gone by the time the hold goes on. and if this is the way they treat a valued and succesful seller with 100% feedback who will now down to paypal will no doubt recieve negative feedback because of paypal.

i know the sentement they convey but in practice it defeats the object , thoes of you nodding at this please contact ebay and pypal and point out this stupid non productive rule which in no way helps the genuine ebayers and in fact causes a great deal of trouble to an ebayer doing exactly as they should .

you may say well one person cant change the world but honestly one person is all it takes YOU

Login to Me Too

richardsbott
New Community Member

I have used PayPal for many years as a buyer and a seller. I also have a 5 star rating on eBay and have never had any disputes or dilemnas. Now all of a sudden I received a message that they will not only hold my funds but hold them up to 21 days. PayPal has gotten nasty and greedy and It's only a profit ploy on their part. I am searching to see if I can find another way to manage my transations.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.