HORRIBLE IDEA TO HOLD FUNDS FOR 21 DAYS!!!

gearhed78
Contributor
Contributor

Holding funds from sellers until the buyer leaves feedback is the worst idea EVER! Since when does Paypal become an authority on buyer satisfaction?? A smooth transaction is all that I wanted from Paypal. If they are going to hold funds, then they should make it very clear BEFORE you use them!  Keeping my money in their account for 21 days is a HUGE disadvantage of using Paypal. Stick to transferring funds,not trying to be a satisfaction authority!

Login to Me Too
6,286 REPLIES 6,286

sickofthissite
Contributor
Contributor

I was on the Ebay message boards and they also are flooded with complaints...one person pasted the message they recieved from paypal basically telling her she could either deal with it or get a lawyer! I was shocked!

But I also found out their is another pay site called moneybookers that many of them were talking about going to because Ebay accepts them. I think it's the same as paypal, I haven't had a chance yet to do research.

Login to Me Too

whyte66angels
Contributor
Contributor

I really feel for everone who has had to enduer this slimmy treatment of hard working American Citizens. Many of these hard working Americans have to rely on selleing there things & what ever else they can to servive. Hence job market has plunged. All this so Ebay can make MORE money off the American Citizen! So Ebay puts everyones held funds into a market scheme at the American Citizens expence. When we as Americans say No that is NOT right or fair they say "you signed our agreement saying we can take your money & hold it"!  I still have not found that in My user agreement. But anyone who Bleeps! about it they have many so called reasons to Bleep the American Citizen. Just like our government! Hey maybe the ideot who thought this "holding of funds" should run for president. He really has Bleeping Americans down to a science. I have since moved out of Ebay & am currently running 2 stores in ebid.net. Yes sales are slow but I am building. Remember Ebay started the same way.I can still use paypal.  I know it stinks to have to start over.

Login to Me Too

SirTinLee
Contributor
Contributor

@whyte66angels wrote:

I really feel for everone who has had to enduer this slimmy treatment of hard working American Citizens. Many of these hard working Americans have to rely on selleing there things & what ever else they can to servive. Hence job market has plunged. All this so Ebay can make MORE money off the American Citizen! So Ebay puts everyones held funds into a market scheme at the American Citizens expence. When we as Americans say No that is NOT right or fair they say "you signed our agreement saying we can take your money & hold it"!  I still have not found that in My user agreement. But anyone who Bleeps! about it they have many so called reasons to Bleep the American Citizen. Just like our government! Hey maybe the ideot who thought this "holding of funds" should run for president. He really has Bleeping Americans down to a science. I have since moved out of Ebay & am currently running 2 stores in ebid.net. Yes sales are slow but I am building. Remember Ebay started the same way.I can still use paypal.  I know it stinks to have to start over.

If selling is slow, why not check out webstore.com ?  Get smart and double your exposure.  It costs a lot less than ebid - webstore is free!

Login to Me Too

harrisjenn
Contributor
Contributor

I have been a customer of EBay and PayPal for over 11 years and always in good standing. I have sold on a personal basis and also buy on eBay and have a history of (296) transactions. How can PayPal justify holding my or our money for any reason unless they are dealing with a new or unproven customer?  Further I am not getting interest on the my money while it is being held and do not think if it were put to the legal smell test this would be legal. I am really upset that PayPal would treat loyal customer's in such a way and in the future I will look at other sources for selling my things.

Login to Me Too

Newestscam
Contributor
Contributor
They won't even release my money to ship anything so I have to pay shipping out of my own pocket. And I have a 100% rating!
Login to Me Too

stevefax
Contributor
Contributor

@gearhed78 wrote:

Holding funds from sellers until the buyer leaves feedback is the worst idea EVER! Since when does Paypal become an authority on buyer satisfaction?? A smooth transaction is all that I wanted from Paypal. If they are going to hold funds, then they should make it very clear BEFORE you use them!  Keeping my money in their account for 21 days is a HUGE disadvantage of using Paypal. Stick to transferring funds,not trying to be a satisfaction authority!

I can't understand this either. I have been a member of both ebay and paypal since 1999. If they don't release your funds for 21 or however many days why is it that they take the fees upfront, shouldn't they have to wait also.

Login to Me Too

Tracygreenwood
Contributor
Contributor
I am new to Paypal but I thought this was just a temporary measure, didn't realise it would go on for all transactions. 😞
Login to Me Too

harrisjenn
Contributor
Contributor

It apparently does not matter at all if you are a new PayPal/EBay customer or a long time loyal customer they still are going to hold your funds.  I have been with EBay/PayPal for over 11 years as a buyer and (individual) seller with a transaction total to date of 295 with 5 star feed back rating.  I sold a light on eBay Nov. 27th, 2011 and they are telling me I cannot access my funds until December 17th.  I have my bank account and a credit card as backup funding for my PayPal account but none of this matters to them. Further insult to injury they are not even paying interest on my money while they are using it. They are telling me that the only way not to have my funds held is to have a minimum of 25 transactions a year.  I am so disappointed in this new policy I am going to take my business elsewhere.

Login to Me Too

Bowitch
Contributor
Contributor
We can unite as sellers & refuse to list for a period of time until (paypal I.e. eBay ) realize they need to stand by us on buyers who know how to use there system to cost us money & threaten bad feedback. Without sellers there is no EBay !!!
Login to Me Too

Newestscam
Contributor
Contributor
I'm with you! We can boycott or leave EBay. What a poor business decision they've made. Is PP now being run by Reed Hastings? 🙂
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.