HORRIBLE IDEA TO HOLD FUNDS FOR 21 DAYS!!!

gearhed78
Contributor
Contributor

Holding funds from sellers until the buyer leaves feedback is the worst idea EVER! Since when does Paypal become an authority on buyer satisfaction?? A smooth transaction is all that I wanted from Paypal. If they are going to hold funds, then they should make it very clear BEFORE you use them!  Keeping my money in their account for 21 days is a HUGE disadvantage of using Paypal. Stick to transferring funds,not trying to be a satisfaction authority!

Login to Me Too
6,286 REPLIES 6,286

upscaleresale

I WANT MY MONEY!!!!!!!!!!, WILL SAY BYE-BYE EBAY AND PAY PAL. I'M JUST A LOW LEVEL SELLER; MEANING I DON'T LIST A LOT OF ITEMS,  JUST A STAY AT HOME MOM WANTING TO SHARE A FEW GREAT ITEMS WITH OTHERS. HAVE SOLD ON EBAY FOR 5 YEARS AND ONLY 2 NEGATIVE FB SCORES IN 5 YEARS, AND 1 I DISPUTED DUE TO BUYER SCAM, AND EBAY VIEWED IN MY FAVOR. NOT RICH AND CAN'T AFFORD TO PAY OUT OF MY POCKET FOR SHIPPING SPECIALLY INTERNATIONALLY. P,S, I WAS NOT NOTIFIED OF THIS POLICY BEFORE HAND, AND SUPPOSEDLY EBAY STRIVES ON ACCURATELY ITEM DESCRIPTION. EBAY IS HANGING THERESELVES WITH THE CONTRADICTING THERE POLICIES. BBB, WILL BE CONTACTED AND REPORTED WITH NEGATIVE FEEDBACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:smiley's:

Login to Me Too

LeeStrongham
New Community Member

I just started selling again recently and was disappointed with the new policy.  From my understanding customer service on the phone is a foreign joke.  Maybe just start yelling about Krishna.  I haven't been ripped off yet though..Payments have all cleared 3 days after DC.  But anyways if you work for eBay I want in on the money.

Sincerely,

Lee Strongham

Login to Me Too

gripnotdrift
Contributor
Contributor

I am extremely disappointed with the level of service I received from paypal tonight. I called at 9:45 pm and spoke with someone in regards to my payment showing pending on ebay, but cleared in paypal. She assured me the payment was cleared and the seller had received the money. I asked why it still shows pending on ebay then. She then contradicted herself by saying the seller would not receive the money until the item had been shipped and a tracking number had been submitted...for buyer safety of course. I then explained to her that it is widely stated in ebay and paypal to not ship an item until payment has been cleared, and if I were the seller, I would never ship something without having my money first. She then said it was a new ebay/paypal policy and that the seller is fully aware of it.....(The seller was not aware of it and does not want to ship the item until payment clears) She then told me to have the seller call paypal and she would explain it to him. I said, it's almost 10pm, I'm not going to call him. This is a paypal issue, can't you guys contact him? She said paypal is not allowed to make outgoing calls. I then explained to her that she is either lying or poorly informed. Paypal calls me periodically to ensure the safety of my account when it gets frequent usage. After she stuttered and backpeddled for a moment she said...I'm sorry sir only a supervisor can help you. So I asked for a supervisor. She transferred me at 955pm, and what do you know, after 5 minutes of waiting, the message said sorry we are experiencing a high call volume. Goodbye. I would love to speak to a supervisor about this.

Login to Me Too

Insomnia38
Contributor
Contributor

I agree that it is unfair for them to hold the funds. I know some people are selling to get money because they don't have any or are low on money. So when they sell, with the shipping, they need that money released so they can pay for their shipping of the item.  They say you can pay from the acct anyway and have it shipped, but some people might have a printer that is not working, don't have a printer, or are out of ink (in which case the money in paypal would help pay for that ink). Anyway, so then they need to use it to pay at the facility in which they are sending it out from. So it makes no sense to hold it. They never used to do this until this past April.  😕

I hope that they change the rules back.

Login to Me Too

flgrl1

I know exactly what you're talking about! I sold items on eBay a month ago and have yet to receive any of the payments! I am unemployed, so I don't have any money in my personal bank account to ship any of the items. And I want to give all of these people they're money back and just sell this stuff on craigslist or the newspaper since I know that I would actually get my money and not have to ship the stuff, but I looked it up and it said that if there aren't enough funds in my paypal account to refund them, then paypal will take out the full refund from my personal bank account...which has nothing in it! As soon as I get all of these problems resovled I will ever use ebay or paypal again and would never EVER recommend it to anyone!

Login to Me Too

maddyjude
Contributor
Contributor

And be aware that the rules for refunding money in different countries are different. You may never get your money if someone in Germany says they never received the item.

Paypal is a bank and makes $ on each and every transaction. They get that $ because of the service they provide for buyers and sellers. They need to adjust their profit margin and lose some $ in one case when they make $ in 1,000 others.

I am boycotting them immediately by taking my $6000 out of my account.  

Everyone should do the same. 

Deposit it in your local community bank.

Login to Me Too

Imoutofhere
Contributor
Contributor

WOW Smiley IndifferentI would not even dream of leaving 6000 dollars in PayPal. I don't even leave a buck in. OK good luck if they freeze your account.

Login to Me Too

ALERT
Contributor
Contributor

I SHIPPED OUT 5 ITEMS AND ALREADY RECEIVED GOOD FEEDBACK THE BUYER IS HAPPY AND I'M NOT BECAUSE PAYPAL IS HOLDING MY MONEY FOR A DETRIMENTAL LENTH OF TIME. PLEASE CONTACT THE BBB AND YOUR LOCAL NEWS TO REPORT THIS BAD BUSINESS CONDUCT.

Login to Me Too

profdata
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Did you ship with delivery confirmation.  Did you use ebay shipping , paypal shipping, or something else.

Login to Me Too

joybinson
New Community Member

I have only been selling on ebay for a few months... A month and a half ago they said they were going to hold my funds and evaluate in 35 days, so fine.. 35 days go by and they said that they will no longer be holding my funds... However my funds are still being held.. I had a transaction on ebay over 2 weeks ago, printed the labels through paypal, and the person has already left me positive feedback.. Yet the funds are still being held. Why? I dont get why they do this?

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.