HORRIBLE IDEA TO HOLD FUNDS FOR 21 DAYS!!!

gearhed78
Contributor
Contributor

Holding funds from sellers until the buyer leaves feedback is the worst idea EVER! Since when does Paypal become an authority on buyer satisfaction?? A smooth transaction is all that I wanted from Paypal. If they are going to hold funds, then they should make it very clear BEFORE you use them!  Keeping my money in their account for 21 days is a HUGE disadvantage of using Paypal. Stick to transferring funds,not trying to be a satisfaction authority!

Login to Me Too
6,286 REPLIES 6,286

tammylynn_steve
New Community Member

I too would like to be involved in this suit.  I may not sell a lot, but it's the principle of it...if I were late paying anything by 21 days, you know the company would be applying an interest for late payments!

Login to Me Too

xkristixo
Contributor
Contributor

I sold something on ebay days ago and i have the money in my paypal account that is pending when the item i sold was delievered today to the person why cant i get my money?? andd i just found out its gunna take 2-3 days to just have it transfered to my bank acccount and! i can only transfer only $500 a month WTF!! i need that money for rent... can anyone help me... i mean i only have 15 points or whatever but still as soon as he  bought it i shipped it out the next day and everytime i bought somethin i paid  right away... ThIS ISNT FAIR!!!!!Woman MadSmiley Mad

Login to Me Too

ezramanning
New Community Member

Hello, I totally understand, except I am having to wait 21 days, and all items have been received. This is, or should be illegal. Why do sellers have to adhere to such timely, strict standards, but no one is in the seller's corner. Have you had any luck or help with this? I have called and now emailed asking for my "pending balance." The buyer has his items, PayPal has their excessive double dipping fees, and everyone is happy, except me, the seller that has to stare at a $5,000 UNAVAILABLE BALANCE, I have contacted a lawyer, just in case. Good Luck

LMAO, I just used paypal spell checker and it didn't recognize the word paypal

Login to Me Too

DjKeithFielder
New Community Member

I KNO RITE...

I guess im not the only one having a HUGE issue with this TOTALLY unfair policy paypal/ebay impliments.  I TOO am in the same "boat" as u guys....  im a new seller on ebay, my items sold, shipped, were received, AND POSITIVE FEEDBACK HAS BEEN LEFT... for almost A WEEK....  DUDE!! WTF!!!  Ebay/PayPal TOTALLY doublebills EVERYTHING, and on top of that they keep your money.... SHOW IT TO YOU.....  but not let you have it.  THEN... make it SOOOO difficult to actyally GET YOUR HANDS ON THE CASH, unless you're doing this on a massive scale, "mom n pop" sellers like myself L.O.S.E.  for example:  I sold 5 items on ebay totalling a WHOPPING 142$  i LISTED close to 100 items FOR FREE as advertised, verified my paypal, linked my c.c. ALL that....  NOW, TODAY, i've been able to retrieve 78$ my bank acct got hit for 58$ in seller fees 76$ in shipping fees.....  BASICALLY ive GIVEN my things away to people so i could pay money to ebay and paypal.  ive got an active dispute open but....  i wasnt' born yesterday.... i guess im hopeing that some of my "bigger" items get good bids so that i can come out ahead and not keep taking it witout any K-Y....   ya feel me?

do me a favor??? keep me posted with the goings on with y our attorney???  IF THERE IS SOME KIND OF LEGAL ACTION WE CAN TAKE AS SMALLER SELLERS i'd like to get in on it.  IN THE MEANTIME.....  do you guys kno of any OTHER places that are ESELLER friendly??? BSIDES AMAZON-CRAIGSLIST-RECYCLER....   i hear www.yardsellr.com is quality SO FAR...... but r ther any MORE out there??? 

Login to Me Too

djfatpickle

Yea same here except I've been on eBay for almost a year now and I have to do it again. I can see them doing it when you first start off but not when your an experienced eBayer. This is the worst thing they could have done and I have to do it twice fml.

Login to Me Too

563howe
New Community Member

I have been on eBay for several years. Have sold several items and never waited for my pending balance UNTIL now! I used to get the $$ right away and available for transfer! Now I have to wait 21 days all of a sudden! Don't think I will be selling very many items on this site! I don't know why paypal is being so crazy! Never were before!

Login to Me Too

joellon50
Contributor
Contributor

I THINK THIS **bleep** THE BUYER HAS PAST THE 7 DAYS RETURN WHY WAIT 21 DAYS THIS POLICY IS NOT FAIR

Login to Me Too

joellon50
Contributor
Contributor

PAPAL NEEDS TO CHANGE THIS POLICY MY BUYER HAS HAD DAYS NOW TO VIEW AND RETURN HE IS HAPPY WITH HIS PURCHASE HE IS WAITING FOR ME TO LIST MORE OF THE SAME ITEMS

I WOULD RATHER GET A MONEY ORDER NEXT TIME AND DROP PAPAL ALTOGETHER

JOELLON

Login to Me Too

I3ongwat3r
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

A lack of punctuation makes you seem intelligent.

Login to Me Too

joellon50
Contributor
Contributor

You understood what i said who needs puncuation when u have been ripped off 6000.00

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.