HORRIBLE IDEA TO HOLD FUNDS FOR 21 DAYS!!!

gearhed78
Contributor
Contributor

Holding funds from sellers until the buyer leaves feedback is the worst idea EVER! Since when does Paypal become an authority on buyer satisfaction?? A smooth transaction is all that I wanted from Paypal. If they are going to hold funds, then they should make it very clear BEFORE you use them!  Keeping my money in their account for 21 days is a HUGE disadvantage of using Paypal. Stick to transferring funds,not trying to be a satisfaction authority!

Login to Me Too
6,286 REPLIES 6,286

Jeanetta1
Contributor
Contributor

Pleas Pay Pal, start paying us our money when we get paid. Will you please stop holding our money? We wouldn't be selling these things if we didn't need the money. Our items have been delivered, but yet we have to wait on our money that's not fair.

Do you want us to leave Pay Pal?

Can some one tell me how to get my money sent by an EBY customer and PP put hold on it and leaves it on after people receive their product.

Login to Me Too

mike33
New Community Member

gotta keep calling them one says cant do it but if you call back in ten minutes and talk to another one she or he will do it,  anytime i have such problems i just call. Each time you call customer service guy or girl is different and they all tell you different things and do different things... When i call them and cant get help with my problem at first time i hang up and call again in 10 minuts other one helped me no problem  so keep calling till you get what you want...

Login to Me Too

gt1814a
New Community Member

its because paypal is now owned by ebay and with there new policy bs they make it easy for the buyer but f the sellers. furthermore paypal makes interest on our funds while they are being held for 21 days. between the 9% final value fees 9% shipping fees and 3-4% paypal takes, ebay is getting 22% of our profits, time to sell somewhere else f these corporate clowns. and they wonder why there is occupy wall street.

Login to Me Too

mattcauthon
New Community Member

I'm having the same problem and it's just not fair. I marked my item as shipped on ebay. Entered stracking info. Customer got the items they ordered. Still I have to wait 21 days! I paid the shipping out of pocket why the heck do I have to wait so long for payment!! This is totally lopsided the buyer gets overly protected while the seller gets **bleep**ed. Not to mention paypal alreday took they're percentage. I'm opening a class action suit against pay pal anyone want to join me?

Login to Me Too

weldon
New Community Member

I have been a member on Ebay since 2005.  Now all of a sudden Ebay/Paypal does NOT trust me by putting a 21 day hold on my funds. I am highly INSULTED by this new and UNFAIR policy. Selling WAS fun on Ebay until  this . Who ever thought of this new policy must not have any respect for Ebayers. As if all of us CANNOT be trusted ?

Login to Me Too

SirTinLee
Contributor
Contributor

Now look, weldon is one of the sellers that helped make ebay the top dog online market place and is treated like it doesn't matter.   This is simple disrespect from eBay and one of the main reasons several of ebay's bigger sellers are listing on webstore.com.   I'll say it once again, sellers made eBay and we can make any online market place top dog,    

Login to Me Too

towinglogs
New Community Member

Paypal and Ebay really do **bleep**. To bad the US Justice Department does not investigate their business practices. Now my Ebay score is 103 and ZERO negative messages. I have sold over $33,000 in Ebay sales yet Paypal has desided to hold my funds. But Paypal has taken their cuts of the frozen money. Why is that fair? You people just **bleep**!

Login to Me Too

redpower
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

If you can't deal with the hold don't use a online money mover because 99% of them HAVE A HOLDS POLICY. The ones that don't are merchant accounts that aren't FREE to use like PayPal.  Do some research, it's true, and PayPal doesn't hold funds near as long as some of them...

Login to Me Too

rpnunez

I've called customer support several times and they've told me this is a "global evaluation" for every seller that uses PayPal/eBay. Supposedly, the evaluation lasts about a month/35 days, and if you've been in good standing within that evaluation period, the payments will no longer be held after a "good scoring" evaluation.

Honestly, this may be great for PayPal and the buyer (if the buyer isn't happy with the item, there is a guarantee there will be funds for a refund) but the seller is who initially attracts the buyer, the one who pays eBay and PayPal fees, the one who has to respond immediatly to any questions, etc, the seller is the slave while the buyer is the king. But that's OK, because without a buyer a seller is nothing.

Best part is: its not like any of us don't pay our PayPal fees... they take it right from the get go! We don't have a chance to not pay our fees! Plus, I'm sorry, but one must be gullible to believe PayPal isn't profiting off of those 21 days of delicious "frozen" money that the seller can't access. Ahhh, it's like a Ceritificate of Deposit for PayPal - except there is no limit on the amount they can hold, but they only have 3 weeks to play with it.

But then again, I know I've been "selling well" (100% feedback) since day 1 so I'm confident my payments won't be held in the future.

Login to Me Too

ReasonableDoubt
Contributor
Contributor

To me, I see Paypal's recent payment hold policy as nothing more than some middle-management's bright idea to make 21 days of additional interest on YOUR money.  I recently asked Paypal if this was the case but never received a response.  I could be wrong but I highly doubt they are holding it in a 0% interest temp account.   If they want to hold YOUR money then they should be paying you the interest (like an escrow account on your mortgage).  Again, I could be dead wrong, but since I never received a response from PayPal directly I would love to know others thoughts.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.