HORRIBLE IDEA TO HOLD FUNDS FOR 21 DAYS!!!

gearhed78
Contributor
Contributor

Holding funds from sellers until the buyer leaves feedback is the worst idea EVER! Since when does Paypal become an authority on buyer satisfaction?? A smooth transaction is all that I wanted from Paypal. If they are going to hold funds, then they should make it very clear BEFORE you use them!  Keeping my money in their account for 21 days is a HUGE disadvantage of using Paypal. Stick to transferring funds,not trying to be a satisfaction authority!

Login to Me Too
6,286 REPLIES 6,286

electriparts
Contributor
Contributor

It's truly is BS.  i sold an item they paid and it was hand delivered they even left positive feedback.  But the still hold funds.  They go against the policy which the speak about.  People could file BBB complaints and see what happen

Login to Me Too

bapkan

If you folks are serious about getting Paypal's attention and you believe you have a legitimate beef...I suggest getting a hold of your state's Attorneys General office and file a formal complaint. I'm on day 21 of my first eBay sale and if the funds aren't transferred released and then transferred to my bank account as I request, I will promptly open a compaint with my Attorneys General office and keep the pressure on until my situation is resolved. If you truly feel you've been wronged, I suggest you get on the stick. The Attorneys General office regulates the access companies like this have to do business in your state and if enough people complain that identifies a problem, the office will open an investigation. Paypal should be concernred if media outlets start reporting the company catching flack from Attorneys General offices for imporper business activities. If they are behaving badly, they should adjust their practices. The only thing online businesses have going for them is consumer trust. That trust goes, their business goes.

Login to Me Too

miko13
Contributor
Contributor

I totally agree with you!!  I have perfect feedback, ship all my items within hours of sale, and have no disputes over years of sales!!!  Paypal has stolen my money, until they, arbitrarily, release them!!!  I'm **bleep**!!

Login to Me Too

yorkefire
New Community Member

just received an e-mail from paypal stating it is going to hold onto all money from our buyers for 21 days as they have -

"We reviewed your account and determined that there's a relatively higher than average risk of future transaction issues (such as claims, or chargebacks, or payment reversals)."

We only have paypal for our e-bay account and have 100% customer satifaction feedback and have NEVER had any customer make ANY sort of claim against our company - wheres is the risk !!!!

We are a Ltd company that sell thousands of items a year through our own internet site and wholesale

Can paypaly hold onto our money for 21 days -

where is the interest on this money as we are now losing it !!

anybody got any ideas or veiws on this before we close our account ??????

Login to Me Too

DiamondPhoenix
New Community Member

I went through the "hold" scam on the last item I sold. Now PayPal is at it AGAIN. I need my money for Christmas, NOT sometime in mid-JANUARY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

From now on, I am selling on CraigsList. At least I can get MY money right then and there.

Login to Me Too

Southwestflorid
Contributor
Contributor

ebay entices people to EARN holiday cash-I register here on ebay and then I start sselling, shipping things in november yet paypal is quick to WITHHOLD ,my earned monies, SLO)W to release. I have written customer service several times, yet no response.

This is false advertising  for ebay to state such then spring this:

Payment holds on your eBay transactions. we are working with eBay to make buying and selling even safer. As part of payment holds for new eBay sellers , we'll hold the money from your eBay transactions for up to 21 days

Fine and dandy but have been here over a month selling, yet withhold for 21 days still here-gradually, paypal is releasing funds but there are still delivery confirmation  proofs items  Delivered dec 14, yet on hold-I have written customer service about this to deaf ear, no response

I reiterate I inserted tracking numbers at ebay and when they get here, they are si9mply IN PRIOCESS and I have to change them all to say SHIPPED. I don't add delivery confirmation until item i9s shipped.

YES, people will tell me use my printer anfd print postage-I tried such and got packages returned for insufficient postage and had to reepay all over again, back to going to post office everyday. Granted I have done what i am supposed to do, how lomng is this hold?

I have bank account AND charge card on file here-am supposed to be premeire account but holds still happening, again items I sold Dec 9, 10 still being withheld and those buyers, tracking shows they got them LAST WEEK YET NO RELEASE

I was told, too, i cannot have access to my earned cleared funds for 60 days with debit card? I have been depositing in bank account as they release such but they are behind, so slow in releasing my earned monies-I have been paying for shipping, items out of own pocket, this is unfair-I have spent alot out of own pocket-

ebay never mentions this hold when it lures us new sellers here-FALSE ADVERTISING-Have been member for over a month, though withholding would be off by now

I have over $400 PENDING, yet half is earned, should have been released by now-when i call, am told Extremely busy, call back later.

Login to Me Too

wolfdaddy205
Contributor
Contributor

,,I waited on hold for fifteen minutes and was hung up on.....

one big run around to another on a dumbed down service with no accountability...oh brother.

not impressed.  =(

Login to Me Too

Southwestflorid
Contributor
Contributor

HEY PAYPAL  MODERATOR OR EMPLOYEE, THIS IS GETTING OLD-WHY AREN'T YOU RELEASING  EARNED EBAY SALES FUNDS??i C pROVED WITH DELIVERY CONFIRMATION EVEN FROM DECEMBER 14 AND BACK, DELIVERY COND FIRMATION PROVES ALL THESE BUYERS GOT THEIR ITEMS LAST WEEK, NOW PLEASE I BEG OF YOU RELEASE MY FUNDS, RELEASE...I HAVE WRITTEN THEM NUMEROUS TIMES, NO REPLY-I CALLED THEM, TOO BUSY CALL BACK LATER OR PUT ON HOLD FOR OVER 15 MINUTES-DO YOUR PART, PAYPAL, RELEASSE MY FUNDS DELIVERY CONFIRMATION PROVED BUYER GOT!!!

I PUT DELIVERY CONFIRMATION HERE AND AT EBAY, HELLO??

YES CAPS ARE YELLING, AM TRYING TO GET SOMEBODY'S ATTENTION-PAYPAL OWES ME OVER $200 AND I NEED IT FOR CHRISTMAS-BY TIME I TRANSFER IT TO BANK ACCOUNT MAY BE AFTER CHRISTMAS IF THEY RELEASE TODAY BUT SHEESH, WITHHOLD MY FUNDS WEEK AFTER BUYER GOT MY ITEM?UNFAIR

Login to Me Too

BigKahuna97
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Have you called them, asked to be transferred to a U.S. call center, then explained your situation?  Many sellers still phone them with good results for getting funds released.  If the D/C shows delivery over 72 hours ago....I've heard it's pretty instant.  The only issue is people phone PP and get stuck in the Malaysian call center which is full of liars and people barely able to understand your situation.  It is your right to be transferred to an American who can understand you.

Login to Me Too

Southwestflorid
Contributor
Contributor

Persistence paid off...I went through paypal help  column, noted they are quick to grab/withhold my payments on ebay, yet slow to release, even after a week has gone by and tracking shows, prioves such, I got pin  number, called them and got CSR in Philippines within few minutes this morning who RELEASED 10 payments to me.

We went through them one by one, her apology showing iN PROCESS NOT YET SENT which irks me, as i told ebay about such and heard nothing back.

Turns out, ebay has technical glitch-when I inserted tracking number at ebay, it shows up as IN PROCESS  NOT SHIPPED at paypal, so now I will start entering such tracking numbers at paypal when I send out things

Anyways, paypal csr rep apologized for slow release and released 10 items, totalling over $200 to me-Technical glitch by ebay is unfair-I notified paypal and ebay about such, guess they just don't care

Unfortunately by time withdrawl t goes to my checking account, paypal says takes 2-4 days, will be too late for Christmas buying presents, etc but seems mighty unfair.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.