Error Code 50042 - unable to process payments

Laurs
Contributor
Contributor

I tried paying for an item on ebay last night however i was unable to complete the purchase, the error had something to do with the country . Can anyone provide some insight? 

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

1acme

I am trying to send ONE payment of $4.98 already for THREE WEEKS !!!!!!!!! And I did try it 4x different ways how to send money to seller.
Spoke with PayPal SEVERAL times, reported problem to Ebay .............. and nothing is happening

This is sooooooooooooooo frustrating !!!!!!!!

Login to Me Too

PatricksPC
Contributor
Contributor

Was the error

The country associated with this account has been restricted. 

As I'm getting it too!

Login to Me Too

GeronimoJackson
New Community Member

For what it's worth. I was having the same problem and had tried everything I could think of when it occurred me that perhaps it was something with my browser. Even though I had not experienced  this before with Safari, I tried using Firefox and was quite surprised to have paypal process the payment ok without error code 50042. I am preparing to upgrade to OS X Lion and have been receiving downloads from Apple to get some things ready for Lion. I know that one of the updates was to Safari so maybe that has something to do with it. Who knows what's going on, but maybe this will give you something to think about.

Login to Me Too

jenslyd
Contributor
Contributor

Same here, no succes in Safari, but worked perfectly with Firefox

-Jens Lyd

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.