WikiLeaks

pqdace
New Community Member

PayPal is being used to fund Wikileaks?? 

This makes them complicit .

Login to Me Too
684 REPLIES 684

ErichD
Contributor
Contributor

You're making a mighty big stretch to suggest "complicity" on the part of a banking conduit.

You're also blind to the fact that there are plenty of criminal activities - sch as those recently prosecuted against Tom Delay, and currnetly in indictment against Kerl Rove (and other associated GOP organizations) - which use PaPal and other sites for money laundering and assorted illegal actions that subvert our society.

So, PayPal, have you suspend the GOP's account, with regards tothe recent findings of criminal activity?

Login to Me Too

george49
Contributor
Contributor

This whole thing is so ridiculous.  If Wikileak's guilty of treason (impossible because he's not a citizen, even if he is defending our First Amendment rights.), then **bleep** Cheney should have been stashed away in Guantanamo years ago as an enemy combatant for the disclosure of the identity of an active CIA agent and subsequent murder of untold numbers of agents of the U.S. government.

Goodbye PayPal.  Goodbye eBay.

Login to Me Too

johnnycoyo

By denying access you ARE complicit ...in IGNORANCE !!! CHANGE YOUR POLICY IMMEDIATELY OR I WILL DELETE PAYPAL FROM ALL OF MY COMMERCE !!!!

Login to Me Too

Gotribe
New Community Member

I'll never do business with this company again. It's a tool of our fascist government. If ANYONE thinks Wikileaks is some evildoer our to destroy America, go to their website and read what they're about. They are doing the job our Founding Fathers wanted the press to do, but won't do. I will be contributing money to Wikileaks; better than a subscription to my local newspaper. HOW DARE the US government and Paypal try to tell me what to read!

Login to Me Too

experience
Contributor
Contributor

I'm very disappointed with Paypal's stance over Wikileaks. Paypal is a SERVICE PROVIDER - I use them because they process payments. I neither want, nor expect, the service providers I use to start meddling in politics.

Login to Me Too

ChrisW123

I absolutely agree.... I'm very disappointed in PayPal.  I'm going to cancel my account tonight.  The American middle-class makes or BREAKS PayPal, not the other way around.  Paypal and companies of your ilk are going to learn that, one customer at a time.

WikiLeaks didn't disclose anything regarding national security, it disclosed information that the American public has a right to know.  Information about abuses our government does to get us into wars that make corporate "America" rich at the expense of the middle-class, torture, the list goes on and on, and on, and on. 

And Paypals support of the suppression of this information has confirmed my decision to LEAVE Paypal tonight.  After I'm done making my posts, I'm gone Paypal.  If I need to make instant payments or accept paypments on my site, I'll use anything BESIDES YOUR SERVICE, so help me God.  Bye.

Login to Me Too

maomao
Contributor
Contributor

First of all, PP, Visa, Mastercard, my local credit union and any other payment vehicle is NOT complicit in ANYTHING just because they are used to make payments.

First of all, PP, Visa, Mastercard, my local credit union and any other payment vehicle is NOT complicit in ANYTHING just because they are used to make payments.

Secondly, PP and some other payment vehicles cut off payments to WikiLeaks so they won't be crashed with the antcipated overload of activity. Pragmatic logistics. Look up those words. You can find dictionaries online, too, for real.

Login to Me Too

temp12222010-1
Contributor
Contributor

Reply to maomao:

They would "be crashed with the antcipated overload of activity" because.......?

Login to Me Too

maomao
Contributor
Contributor

"Reply to maomao:

"Reply to maomao:

They would "be crashed with the antcipated overload of activity" because.......?"

"Reply to maomao:

They would "be crashed with the antcipated overload of activity" because.......?"

I'm not sure what the question is. Let me restate that point: when a payment processor can reasonably expect their operating functions to be interrupted, crashed and frozen, because of one merchant/recipient, it's a reasonable expectation that the processor will stop processing for that one merchant. That way, their operating functions will not be interrupted b/c of the overload.

Login to Me Too

alpac1t
New Community Member

It's a shame that a great service like PayPal is apparently run by a group of timid government stooges who will blacklist and/or stop doing business with a company/organization/person for no LEGAL reason whatsoever. On the other hand, it's great that PayPal competitors will now have a chance in the market, since me and hopefully many thousands of other people will no longer being using PayPal's service. Too bad, 'cuz it's a great service. But if management is willing to cut off Wikileaks based on innuendo and suggestion from an embarrassed and puffed-up government, then that same management would obviously be willing to cut off you and me for equally lame reasons. If you cannot count on organizations you deal with to abide by the LAW, but who will instead do whatever the government illegally tells them to do, you better dump them before they dump you.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.