Using my PayPal account to pay for a friend

Tedh
Contributor
Contributor

My friend and I play an on line game. The game requires re occurring monthly fees. How can I use Paypal to pay his reoccuring fees.He has an account with Pay Pal but needs financial help from me.

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

surplusdealdude
Advisor
Advisor

Then give him the money and let him pay from his own account.

This has the potential to get VERY messy for you.  If he runs up fines and you're the one that pays for him, they'll look to you to pay the fines.

You could go through a lot of money in a short period of time.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Wayne

Hi there Tedh,

As surplusdealdude mentioned you are leaving yourself open to abuse if you were to allow somebody else to use your account.

A way around your problem is for you to use your PayPal account to send money to your friends account every month. That way you can control the amount sent and don't leave yourself exposed.

1. Go to the PayPal website and log in to your account.
  2. Click "Send Money" at the top of the page.
  3. Enter the required information.
    • Purchases are for paying for an item, such as something won on eBay, or music downloads.
    • Personal payments are for sending gifts, splitting a lunch bill, paying your share of the living expenses, and everyday exchanges of money between friends and family.
  4. Click "Continue."
  5. Review your payment details including the payment method. Click "Change" to make any changes. If you edit your payment details, the funding source returns to the default method of payment.
  6. Review your shipping information and add a message to the recipient (optional).
  7. Click "Send Money."

*The recipient receives an email with the payment information. Once they click the link in the email, the recipient can log into PayPal or sign up for a new account.

Note: You may have to complete a Security Challenge by simply typing the characters you see in the field, without spaces.

I hope this information helps you

Wayne

Login to Me Too

Tedh
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you for your reply. I appreciate the specific details you stated and I will follow your suggestion.

This is a very practical way to handle the problem.

Thanks again
Tedh

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.