The big lie

tooled
Contributor
Contributor

"We value your business and want to provide you with the best customer care."

Really, then how about accepting emails, or a phone call - even if its to "peggy".  

How about a way to contact your executives that make all this really neat decisions that **bleep** your customers?

Quit hiding behind the computer./

Login to Me Too
175 REPLIES 175

nowakinc
Contributor
Contributor

It was my understanding that when your funds are  held for an item which you sold, the amount for shipping is released.  I found out the hard way that that is a lie.  It worked once.  I sold another item and read (and believed) that money would be released if I shipped through eBay or PayPal.  Which is exactly what I did. 

They then tried to take the funds from my PayPal linked bank account - which didn't have enough in it.  Why should it, they are supposed to release the amount for shipping right?  Wrong!  $30 insufficient fund charge later - they THEN release the funds.  And then send me a message that they will try and obtain the money from my bank account again in 3 more days.  EXCUSE ME??? 

I called and spoke to..well....let's just call her "Peggy" tonight.  She was quite helpful and sent an email letter to me to forward to my bank that said that I made the mistake.  WHAT?!?!  According to "Peggy" the money for shipping is released AFTER I pay for the shipping.  I asked her to read me the policy.  She couldn't.  I asked her where I could read it for myself.  She couldn't tell me. 

From the policy FAQ:

Can held funds be used to pay for shipping?

If you print labels and pay for shipping through PayPal or eBay, the cost of shipping will be released from your pending balance shortly after purchase. Printing labels on eBay and PayPal is free. You're charged only the cost of shipping.

Except that now I was also charged $30 because the did NOT release the money.  And apparently won't until you actually pay for it up front yourself.  Go figure.

Login to Me Too

Cactus55
Contributor
Contributor

Class action lawsuit time. Let's all connect on a free Google site and do unto Paypal as they have done unto us.

Login to Me Too

Crafty_1-Two
Contributor
Contributor

YES, I AGREE WITH YOU.  PAYPAL/PAYPAL SMART CONNECT & GE CAPITAL RETAIL BANK/GE MONEY BANK AS I LIKE TO CALL THEM "THE BIG THREE"!!!!!! I DON'T THINK THAT ANY OF THE PEOPLE I HAVE HAD TO DEAL WITH SINCE THE "MESS" THEY STARTED AND CREATED IN OCTOBER HAVE ANY "CLUE" AS TO WHAT THEY DO AND DO NOT DO OR ARE SUPPOSE TO DO ABSOLUTELY PATHETIC!!!!!!  MY "MESS" THAT I ENCOUNTERED IN OCTOBER IS STILL A "MESS" AND STILL HAS NOT BEEN TAKEN CARE OF AND ITS MORPHING ALL THE TIME INTO WHAT I HAVE NO IDIA TOO BAD HALLOWEEN IS 10 MONTHS AWAY.  I HAVE DEALT WITH ALLOT OF PEOPLE AND COMPANIES IN MY LIFETIME BUT "THE BIG THREE"  TAKE THE "CAKE" YET "THEY HAVE NO NAMES" THEY GIVE OUT "FALSE NAMES" THEY "DO NOT LISTEN" AND WHEN THEY GIVE YOU A "NAME" YOU DON'T KNOW IF IT IS THEIR "REAL NAME" THEY "STEAL" YOUR "MONEY" They "PLAY" with "YOUR MONEY", THEY "STOMP" ON YOUR "MONEY" THEY TOSS YOUR "MONEY" HERE THEY TOSS YOUR "MONEY" THERE THEY TOSS  IT HERE THEY TOSS IT THERE THEY TOSS IT UP IN THE AIR AND NOBODY KNOWS WHERE!!!!!! WOW!!!!!! "THE BIG THREE" IS THE MOST CORRUPTED BUNCH I HAVE EVER, EVER HAD TO DEAL WITH!!!!!! BUT NOT ALL IS LOST WE HAVE RIGHTS IN THIS COUNTRY AND LAWS!!!!! YOU CAN DO WHAT I HAVE DONE YOU CAN DO THIS ON LINE WHICH IS FASTER OR YOU CAN MAIL THE COMPLAINT TO THE DEPARTMENT OF JUSTICE/ATTORNEY GENERAL'S OFFICE, THE FEDERAL TRADE COMMISSION, THE "DFI" DEPARTMENT OF FINANCIAL INSTITUTIONS, THE BBB, THE CONSUMER AFFAIRS OFFICE, THE SANTA CLARA DISTRICT ATTORNEY'S OFFICE WHERE PAYPAL IS LOCATED AND THE DEPARTMENT OF BANKING.  SO FAR THE DISTRICT ATTORNEY'S OFFICE IN SANTA CLARA, CA AND THE DEPARTMENT OF JUSTICE/THE ATTORNEY GENERALS OFFICE CONTINUE TO RECEIVE ALL CORRESPONDENCE PERTAINING TO THIS "MESS"!!!!!! I DON'T CARE HOW MUCH"THE BIG THREE" ORGANIZATION "OUTSOURCE" THEY ARE STILL "RESPONSIBLE" FOR WHAT THEIR "EMPLOYEE'S" DO!!!!!!

I HAVE NEVER EVER IN ALL MY YEARS SEEN ANYTHING LIKE THIS WHEN IT COMES TO "OTHER PEOPLE'S MONEY" THEY PUT SHAME TO THE MAIN ACTOR IN THIS MOVIE.  ABSOLUTELY "INSANE"!!!!!!  WHO KNOWS MAYBE THEY DO THIS DELIBERATELY HOPING YOU WILL GIVE UP AND GO AWAY ME ON THE OTHER HAND I NEVER GIVE UP!!!!!! EVER ESPECIALLY WHEN THERE IS CORRUPTION.  AS FAR AS CUSTOMER SERVICE GOES THIS IS "NOT" IN THEIR VOCABULARY OR RULES OF OPERATION OR DEFINITION IN FACT "THE BIG THREE"DON'T KNOW WHAT THIS WORD MEANS!!!!!!  I THINK THAT “ THE BIG THREE”CAME FROM "THE PLANET URANUS."   "THE PLANET URANUS REVOLVES AROUND THE SUN ONLY"  “THE BIG THREE” REVOLVE AROUND THEMSELVES ONLY!!!!!!  ITS AVERAGE DISTANCE FROM THE SUN IS ROUGHLY 3 BILLION KM IN THE CASE OF “THE BIG THREE” THE DISTANCE FROM CUSTOMERS IS ROUGHLY 3 BILLION KM AND COUNTING YOU KNOW TOSS IT HERE TOSS IT THEIR.

URANUS HAS AN AXIAL TILT OF 97.77 DEGREES ON THE OTHER HAND “THE BIG THREE” THE AXIAL TILTS 100% IN THEIR FAVOR.

Login to Me Too

hopefriend
Contributor
Contributor

PayPal just ruined my entire Christmas and what little money I do have is "pending" in limbo until 12/21! THEN it will be another 3 - 4 business days for it to get back in my bank account where it belongs.

I just want my money! I worked hard for it!!!

I would NOT recommend this service to anyone!

Login to Me Too

hopefriend
Contributor
Contributor

Also, I'll probably get like 3 $25 over draft fees from my bank all because PayPal tied my $ up for so freaking long. This is BS! So not worth it!

Login to Me Too

the1computerwiz
Contributor
Contributor

Now to make matters worse. I have an auction winner who wasn't happy about how long it took for me to ship. Which was CAUSED by PAYPAL freezing every possible way I could ship. I finally get his item shipped (after Paypal took 7 days to release my verified bank transfer) and before he gets it the guy calls Paypal to complain, AND THEY TELL HIM TO HOLD A CASE ON ME!!!!!!!!!! So my other auction that was recieved friday is held as well because I have a case on me, which has nothing at all to do with the other auction!!! So after 10 emails and 1 phone call, I am here waiting for $1700.00 that was paid on DECEMBER 5th!! And when I ask when if ever I will get my freakin money, they tell me when the guy who filed the complaint that they told him to fill decides he's happy. NOT when they verify delivery, but when this guy decides to let them pay me. Now....correct me if I'm wrong, but the buyer pays Paypal NOTHING!!! And we who pay their freakin bills are the ones who are **bleep**ed time and time again. I have been on Ebay since 1996, and things keep getting worse and worse every year. I also sell on Ebay for a living. My work account got **bleep**ed bad just this month. This guy orders to highend projectors form us, for a total of $1200.00. He tries to extort a partial refund out of us (and one other guy who also sold him one) and when I see he is trouble, we told him to send the projectors back and we would refund him. So he sends them back not working, obviously opened and missing parts ( 2 bulbs that cost 300 each_ and when I tell Paypal, they refund ALL of his money. So we are out $600 for the bulbs, and $600 for one dead projector. My company gives Paypal almost $1500 a month. And this is how we are treated. You just can't win with Paypal. And don't even want to get started on how many times they **bleep**ed my bank account up. I have payed over $500 in overdraft fees more than once. We need an option, or better yet a lawyer who isn't out to pad his own pockets and really get us justice. I for one would be willing to chip in for this to happen. How many more of us would be willing to do the same. Maybe the term "strength in numbers" is something we should consider. Merry Christmas to all of us that have been **bleep**ed.

Login to Me Too

Cactus55
Contributor
Contributor

Start a website with google sites or any other free provider. Use Google merchant checkout or any other reputable processing service. I switched to them on my site. They pay me, even if they refund the buyer money (they have insurance for these things).

They treat you right and respect you as a customer. The money goes directly and immediately into your bank account after you ship.

No - I don't work for Google.... they work for me 🙂

Couldn't be better.

They don't offer credit / debit cards (that I know of) - but who cares. The money ends up in your own bank account immediately.

List one item on E-bay to advertise your business...nothing more.

...and yes, lets band together and do something about this E-Bay / Paypal rape that this (too big for their britches) conglomerate is perpetrating on small business owners.

f-em is right!

Login to Me Too

the1computerwiz
Contributor
Contributor

So the saga continues. I didn't realize that Ebay also changed. So now I have $1700.00 dollars being held by Paypal, and Ebay sends me a bill for $163.73 for selling items I haven't even been payed for by Paypal. $163.00 for 2 computers? Are you joking?? Final value fees on shipping??? They have nothing to do with the shipping!! This just gets worse and worse. The fees just went up in March of this year to 7.5%. Now it went up again to 9%??? And for this we get absolutely no service or satisfaction. I am feeling extremely violated. What we need to do is start another sight and do it right. And put these jokers out of business.

Login to Me Too

jm6342

I could not agree more. This is such bull**bleep**. The fees and "service" are a joke and now on top of all else it takes and act of god to get the money that was paid buy the buyer. Our money is being held hostage.

Login to Me Too

jm6342

@tooled wrote:

"We value your business and want to provide you with the best customer care."

Really, then how about accepting emails, or a phone call - even if its to "peggy".  

How about a way to contact your executives that make all this really neat decisions that **bleep** your customers?

Quit hiding behind the computer./

So as our money is being tied up by Paypal. They have it in their bank collecting interest??? The interest rates are nothing to brag about as you know but when you have millions of paypal users whose money is being held hostage like ours the overall dollars are huge. When you add into the fact that they still collect fees. This is a classic case of double dipping.

Has the management of Paypal changed and is now run by members of congress? Because they are about as trustworthy

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.