Question about when to send an item I sold

WyckedLester
Contributor
Contributor

Hello, I am new to Ebay and pay pal so forgive my ignorance....I just sold an item on ebay, sent an invoice to my customer and now ebay says that payment has been made.  When i go to Pay Pal it says the payment is pending...Do I go ahead and send the item, or wait for the payment to go completely in my account.  Thanks in advance for any help.

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

sandypurins
Advisor
Advisor

If the payment is pending subject to the 21-day eBay Item Hold policy, you should ship the item. Be sure to use delivery confirmation... signature confirmation if the payment amount was $250.00 or greater.

Your "Payment Received" PayPal email message should have explained why the payment is pending.

Section 10.6 of PayPal's User Agreement and the following link have more information...

https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=xpt/Marketing/securitycenter/sell/SaferPayments-outside

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
8 REPLIES 8
Solved

sandypurins
Advisor
Advisor

If the payment is pending subject to the 21-day eBay Item Hold policy, you should ship the item. Be sure to use delivery confirmation... signature confirmation if the payment amount was $250.00 or greater.

Your "Payment Received" PayPal email message should have explained why the payment is pending.

Section 10.6 of PayPal's User Agreement and the following link have more information...

https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=xpt/Marketing/securitycenter/sell/SaferPayments-outside

Login to Me Too

WyckedLester
Contributor
Contributor

thank you

Login to Me Too

AuctionLovers
Contributor
Contributor

It could be pending do to an e-check too, which takes about 4 days to clear.  So if that's the case I would wait until it's clear.   If you click on the transaction you can see if if is a e-check or some other explanation.

Login to Me Too

JOwens1963
Contributor
Contributor

I have an ebay store.  I do not send any items until the money is in my account.  All of my buy it now and auctions state that I will ship the items when payment is cleared.  Payment is pending means that paypal is checking to see if the money is there.  Once it is verified it will be put into your account.  I hope this helped! 

Login to Me Too

beaglebarn87

my advice to everyone is to get off paypal and ebay and find alternatives, they are nothing but crooks and i have been trying to work with them since 1998 and they are impossible greedy scum. they will do nothing but try to make you an employee without benefits and steal everything you have.  break your addiction to ebay or the internet or find other sites now before you waste years with a bogus company like ebay and paypal. the buyer protection program is a joke, even if you have 3 frauds they will cover you for 1, and on and on. its endless problems with these people and a daily battle for no reason, you can do better elsewhere like i have. read all these posts and other sites out there, there are tons of negative stories about ebay, believe them.

Login to Me Too

JOwens1963
Contributor
Contributor

I do believe that ebay and paypal take a large chunk of money each time you sell an item, but then again, so do the shipping companies.  I guess everybody needs to be paid though!  It's just too bad that the small end ebay seller is the one with the product and they get the least amount of money from their sales. 

Login to Me Too

surplusdealdude
Advisor
Advisor

@JOwens1963 wrote:

I do believe that ebay and paypal take a large chunk of money each time you sell an item, but then again, so do the shipping companies.  I guess everybody needs to be paid though!  It's just too bad that the small end ebay seller is the one with the product and they get the least amount of money from their sales. 

Then the small seller has to get smarter about where they buy their stuff.

Too many sellers are still trying to wholesale stuff on ebay with a 20% markup because they're competing with 10,000 other sellers that sell the same drop ship garbage.

IT CAN'T BE DONE.

The quicker they learn that, the better off they're going to be.

Login to Me Too

JOwens1963
Contributor
Contributor

Smiley HappyI was replying to beaglebarn87; as it seemed to me that he/she was trying to direct people away from ebay.  Their statement didn't even have anything to do with the original "question about when to send an item I sold".  (The 1st question in this whole conversation)  I don't purchase items elsewhere to try to sell on ebay.  My friends and family keep me busy selling their items from their own households. I also sell donated items for a local church building fund.  Lots of people don't understand that just because you sell something for $20.00, you don't get $20.00 for it.  E-Bay has worked for my family and friends for years....if people don't like E-Bay then they shouldn't be on here!Smiley Very Happy

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.