Profile of a merchant

fpefpe
Contributor
Contributor

Greetings -- 

I was about to sent money via paypal to a merchant via a link at their web site to paypal.  Just before I was to 

complete the transaction, an email I sent to the merchant was returned to me. 

Is there a way to check the profile a a merchant here at paypal before sent funds to them? 

Thanks 

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

sandypurins
Advisor
Advisor

Yes... the "Review Payment" screen has a clickable link to the recipient's Member Information page. Login to your PayPal account, click on the "Send Money" tab, enter the seller's email address and a payment amount and click the "Continue" button. The following page will have the link... here's a screen shot...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v635/dulcinea02/personal01.gif

Click on any tab to exit the "Send Money" process.

Login to Me Too

fpefpe
Contributor
Contributor

Greetings -- 

Thanks for the reply ... I am not sure what email address the merchant is using ... the one on there website does 

not work .... is there any other way to find this out without starting a transaction? 

Login to Me Too

sandypurins
Advisor
Advisor

The non-working email address may still be linked to the seller's PayPal account... try it using the instructions I posted. Other options are to look for a phone number on the website or Google search.

Login to Me Too

surplusdealdude
Advisor
Advisor

Frankly, if the seller's email isn't working, that would be enough right there for me to run away.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.