can't find chase bank

demobone
New Community Member

I can't find chase bank when they ask to "add a bank"? Am I missing something. I went through the help texting and entered account and routing but received no deposits like they said I would. confused as to how chase is not searchable by chase or jp morgan chase

Login to Me Too
69 REPLIES 69

StephenF3

I found a work around that worked for me. Go to Transfer Money > Instant Transfer, then I chose "In 1-3 Days". Under transfer to, choose Edit, click link to bank, Chase won't show up, but after you search, you can add it manually. Doing the same on the original account page didn't work, but it works here. It will then tell you that the account is not verified and will send two small deposits to verify. Since I was on the phone with Paypal, the support person was able to see the added account and verified it for me on her end.

Login to Me Too

hupjack
Contributor
Contributor

I’m trying to connect my PayPal account to my chase checking account.   I was surprised that Chase Bank was not an option for instant verification via Plaid.  Is there something going on here that y’all can share?

I’m sure the manual process will work in the next few days via the “2 small deposits” process.

Strangely, I also found adding this bank via the “paypal assistant” chat bot got “stuck” at the security check.

I’m wondering if this is a system wide bug or if something strange is going on because I am currently outside the USA (some security issue there?)

image.jpg

Login to Me Too

Trtgf233
New Community Member
I was finally able to get this fixed. If this happens it’s because they put a block on your chase account. I have no idea why. You have to talk to a rep directly and they will send you a code to your phone to confirm it’s you and then they are able to remove the block and relink your account again. I did not have to manually reenter anything, they fixed it all on their end. Do not bother trying to add the account back yourself, it is blocked! Talk to a real person on their customer support chat and they can fix it. Good luck!
Login to Me Too

CinemaVerite
New Community Member

I just received a message that PayPal no longer does business with JP Morgan Chase. This seems like a scam...and yet when I try to add my account back in manually, it won't accept it. And Chase and JP Morgan Chase don't appear in the drop downs. What's going on? 

Login to Me Too

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@CinemaVerite 

Guess they’re not because I don’t see Chase listed either. Link another bank.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

skelley85

I just found this on Chase's website. You can link your debit cards to PayPal, but you have to initiate it from Chase's side. It worked for me from my app on my phone (didn't try to do it online)

https://www.chase.com/digital/digital-payments/paypal

Login to Me Too

Rmonato
I have them same issue and I am trying to make. Y card payments using my chase bank account. I can't even link it nor have I received the two deposits to confirm.
Login to Me Too

cuescreens
New Community Member

How on earth has this not been fixed yet?

Why is the largest bank in the planet not findable by paypal?

Login to Me Too

deaves12
New Community Member

can not link chase bank to make payment paypal credit online

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@deaves12 

Is it a virtual / digital bank that paypal does not support by any chance?

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.