This card is linked to another PayPal account.

HY_Feng
Contributor
Contributor

I linked my credit card with my old Paypal account, but I closed the old account without deleting the card from the account.

Now I registered a new account, and I can't link this card with it. The app shows:

This card is linked to another PayPal account. Please remove the card from the other account or try a different payment method.

The old paypal account is deleted, I can no more login. How can I proceed to link my card with the new account?

Thank you for your help.

Login to Me Too
58 REPLIES 58

Mateo40
Contributor
Contributor

Yes, both of my cards are visa

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Mateo40 

Not what I am asking, is it a CREDIT card and not a debit card?

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Mateo40
Contributor
Contributor
It says its internet debit card.
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Mateo40 

If its an internet card then its not a physical card is it.

If its a debit card then its not a credit card is it.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Mateo40
Contributor
Contributor
It is physical card, but it says on a card internet debit. Why can't i link this card then?
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Mateo40 

Because its a DEBIT and not a CREDIT card.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Puola9
Contributor
Contributor
Hello guys, I have a problem with linking a Visa card to PayPal.I had a PayPal account and I closed it, and it had the same visa that I now want to link to the new account, but a message appears to me saying that the visa is linked to another account even though I closed that account.I now cannot link my Visa to PayPal. Is there a solution to this problem?
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Puola9 

Did you remove the card from the old account before closing it as it tells you to do during the closure process?

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Aydin1x
Contributor
Contributor

Hi when every i try to connect my card it shows this "This card is linked to another PayPal account. Please remove the card from the other account or try a different payment method." I had my card connected to other account but I removed it. I tried from different device still did not work please help me i need to buy something. I messaged the centre and they said no agent available maybe this is because I live in Saudi Arabia

PLS HELP I NEED TO BUY SOMETHING I AM SO SAD, MY ACCOUNT HAS MONEY IN IT

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Aydin1x 

Allow 72 hours between removing and adding + clear cookies/cache and if no luck try another browser/device OR ask customer services for help to link it?

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.