Negative balance & Stepchange

BEANS89
Contributor
Contributor

I won't go into the full, long story, however I have a number of transactions that have been made over the last couple of days on PayPal, which are waiting to clear from my bank account in the next couple of days. However I have insufficient funds available in my bank account which will leave me with an overdrawn/negative balance of around £3,500 with PayPal.  Will I incur fees? Will interest be added to this balance?  I have tried to remove my "linked" bank account on PayPal so to avoid any fees being charged by my bank (unpaid payment etc) but it won't allow me to remove it. I have been on to my online banking and cancelled the direct debit to PayPal, I don't know if this will have any impact though?  My bank account balance is currently zero. Basically I am keen for PayPal not to automatically take any money from my bank account as soon as my benefits get paid into there for instance, in the future months, as I need that money to live.  Do PayPal tend to do that? Also am I best off dealing with Stepchange to repay this money - do they deal with negative PayPal balances? Or should I deal directly with Paypal's collection team to set up a repayment plan? Or wait until the debt is sold to a debt collection agency? How do I put a stop to any fees/interest being added as this will only make my situation worse? If Stepchange is possible, does anyone have a UK address that Stepchange can write to with a copy of my budget? Sorry for all of the questions, I'm just very stressed and want peace of mind. I called PayPal collections earlier but they weren't very helpful as my balance is not yet negative (but will be in the next couple of days). Thank you

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.