Is Vanilla prepaid visa gift card decline paypal ?

LewisUS
New Community Member

I can not add my Vanilla prepaid visa gift card with my paypal. Anyone have this same situation as me?

Login to Me Too
56 REPLIES 56

JustPeachii
Contributor
Contributor

I am having this exact same problem! All of my Vanilla Visa Gift Cards and even Mastercard Gift Cards are being declined! I guess we just keep calling either Paypal or Vanilla!

Login to Me Too

jshillin55
Contributor
Contributor

I discovered this morning that I can no longer make ANY payments with PayPal.  Even the last card that still has money on it and worked last week is no longer functional.  I added a new card and all seemed well until I tried to use it.  The problem is not with Vanilla or any of the card issuers.  The problem is with PayPal and there appears to be no good way to gain resolution.  Reporting problems on the web is useless if the company ignores the reports.  Sorry, PayPal, you fail.

Login to Me Too

cobachientrung
Contributor
Contributor

It's nice to hear that, now we know excactly the main reason. I dont know if Paypal could fix this problem in the future. Or maybe not

Login to Me Too

Saturd
Contributor
Contributor
Previously I bought vanilla a couple of months ago but now it's a joke.
Login to Me Too

Sb182
Contributor
Contributor

I called both vanilla and PayPal today. PayPal said there is no problem at their end and mentioned that I am not able to add card because card issuer(Vanilla) is not allowing it.

When I called vanilla twice and the 2 customer service agents gave me totally different answers. One said you can’t use prepaid cards on PayPal, while the other said there are no issues, try using it after 24 hours.

Login to Me Too

PinkStars
Contributor
Contributor
I was dealing with the same issue and finally was able to call them. I was told they are no longer allowing vanilla cards to be used on PayPal. Not sure if that was just bs because I was also getting declined from other websites when trying to add my card. I was just told to go use it in person 🤦‍♀️
Login to Me Too

Dreamergirlone
Contributor
Contributor
PayPal said this? Did they give a reason?
Login to Me Too

Sb182
Contributor
Contributor

Does anyone know when this issue will get resolved.

Login to Me Too

cobachientrung
Contributor
Contributor

Finally I know exactly why vanilla gift card has stopped working at paypal. The problem is on vanilla gift card 's issuerm, not paypal. And I dont know when vanilla work again.

Login to Me Too

jshillin55
Contributor
Contributor

I had been trying to use the cards for international purchases.  They are intended for purchases in the US.  I didn't know this and it took multiple tries for anyone to recognize this.  Just load money directly to your account if you want to make international purchases.  That said, there is still a problem with the last Vanilla card.  PayPal simply will not link it.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.