Is Vanilla prepaid visa gift card decline paypal ?

LewisUS
New Community Member

I can not add my Vanilla prepaid visa gift card with my paypal. Anyone have this same situation as me?

Login to Me Too
56 REPLIES 56

Bighump1976
Contributor
Contributor
I just tried this again this evenand. Visa vanilla gift cards do not link to PayPal! They are denied scanning them or not! It scanned the card, then scanned me for verification. And then it said that the card was denied that I needed to contact the issuer!
Login to Me Too

gamunny

I've been having this issue too. The card had $100 on it and I spent $30 on a separate site to make sure it wasn't the card itself at fault. I had linked a vanilla gift card a few months earlier with no issue, so I'm guessing this is a new problem.

Login to Me Too

cobachientrung
Contributor
Contributor

Is your problem resolved ? I cant even pay something via Paypal checkout by a Vanilla gift card. This never happen. Paypal update something or the problem is vanilla gift card ?

Login to Me Too

Temp20231219BD
New Community Member
Called Vanilla directly about the prepaid cards not being able to add to my account, they are aware of the situation and it's on thier end and are currently working on the issue
Login to Me Too

jshillin55
Contributor
Contributor

Interesting.  I talked to Vanilla last week and they said the problem is on Paypal's side.  I was able to link two earlier Vanilla cards but not since last week.  Paypal support is worthless.  Vanilla support is better but they have no bragging rights.  Is this problem limited to Vanilla?

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@jshillin55 

Is your card registered to your name and address? I know that the Vanilla prepaid cards can sometimes be used without that information outside PayPal, but in order to be used in the PayPal system, you would have to attach that information on the card issuer's website to register it. If that has not yet been completed, that is likely why you're running into issues using the card through PayPal.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

jshillin55
Contributor
Contributor

Yes, the card is properly registered, just like the three previous cards that all worked correctly.

Login to Me Too

Dreamergirlone
Contributor
Contributor
Hi did you ever hear back if vanilla fixed the issue on their side?
Login to Me Too

jshillin55
Contributor
Contributor

All I hear are crickets.  I have stopped purchasing Vanilla cards.

Login to Me Too

Sb182
Contributor
Contributor

Problem is not on PayPal side. I called Vanilla and they say that they will not allow using cards on PayPal as it is a money transfer website 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.