Can't add debit card nor bank account

sid06cek06
Contributor
Contributor

I've been trying endlessly to link my debit card to my account and no results. I had an old account which was displaying my timezone wrong, so your support asked me delete that account and reopen it with the same email. The card was already added there with no issues. Following their guidance, I deleted the account, created the new one and that's when all the issues came. I tried to add my card , it gave me a different error message every time : not supported, not allowed by card issuer, linked to another profile, try another card etc. I tried to add my bank, copy pasted the IBAN as seen on my statement, it showed incorrect. I'm literally tired. Reached out to support, they said they don't have other options to help me. I've been in touch with my bank, they said they don't even see an attempt that PayPal is trying to have my card connected. Pls I need help. If it helps, the country is Albania. The name, address etc is the same on my Paypal account, bank account and card. Thank you.

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@sid06cek06 

This policy applies to users in the following countries: Albania, Algeria, Antigua and Barbuda, Barbados, Belize, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Dominica, Egypt, Fiji, French Polynesia, Grenada, Lesotho, Malawi, New Caledonia, Palau, Saint Kitts and Nevis, Saint Lucia, Seychelles, Trinidad and Tobago, Turks and Caicos.

https://www.paypal.com/eg/legalhub/recpymt-full

So if you can add and use a debit card for purchases you may still require a credit card to verify your paypal account etc.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@sid06cek06 

Has to be a credit visa normally in Albania, to allow receipt and auto-withdrawal of funds.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

sid06cek06
Contributor
Contributor
I don't think that's the case because I used to link my debit card to my very first account, I've also made payments with it.
Login to Me Too
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@sid06cek06 

This policy applies to users in the following countries: Albania, Algeria, Antigua and Barbuda, Barbados, Belize, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Dominica, Egypt, Fiji, French Polynesia, Grenada, Lesotho, Malawi, New Caledonia, Palau, Saint Kitts and Nevis, Saint Lucia, Seychelles, Trinidad and Tobago, Turks and Caicos.

https://www.paypal.com/eg/legalhub/recpymt-full

So if you can add and use a debit card for purchases you may still require a credit card to verify your paypal account etc.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

sid06cek06
Contributor
Contributor
Thanks. Do you have any info why IBANs are not accepted, even though the number is exactly the same as on my statement? Because I don't own a credit card. Or Albanian banks are not allowed?
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@sid06cek06 

Not all countries can add local bank accounts.

However you can in most countries add a U.S bank account (not card) to your paypal account. This is because paypal is a U.S company and allows that option for U.S Paypal account holders working in other countries.

This is for your country...............

7. Restriction on Sending Payments:

1. You may use your credit card to send payments. You may not use your PayPal balance or US bank account to send payments. All amounts in your available PayPal balance must be withdrawn from your PayPal account through automatic and/or manual transfer.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.