Unable to add my bank account to new paypal account

akshay277
Contributor
Contributor

I previously had a paypal account in another country. I have since moved to another country and opened a new verified paypal account for the new location. But when I try to add my previous bank account, it get the error that "my bank account was already added to another account". I have already removed it from my previous Paypal account, I waited for a week before trying to add it to my new account, but it still wont accept it. Any help in resolving this is much appreciated.

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@akshay277 

EDITED.

Try another browser or device and if no luck contact customer services to help you link it.

However you can only link a bank account to any paypal account x3 times in that banks lifetime.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

akshay277
Contributor
Contributor

@kernowlass Sorry but I do not completely understand your response.

I originally had my Dutch bank linked to my German Paypal Account. But now that I have moved back to Netherlands, I want to add my Dutch bank to my Dutch Paypal account.

Why is that not allowed? I do not get error message saying what you have pointed out.

The error I get is that it is already linked to another account (which is not the case since I removed it from my German account).

Login to Me Too

akshay277
Contributor
Contributor
Talking to customer service finally solved the problem.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.