Help linking my expired card with new card. Incorrect card number message!?

Stupotty65
New Community Member
Hi Everyone, a VERY long time user of PayPal itself, however, this is my first time submitting any kind of "cry for help". Let's hope that some lovely Boffin out there is able help me to add my card to my wallet & progress for another 30+ years with PayPal. When I'm trying to add my updated Mastercard debit card to my wallet, i keep getting "incorrect card number please check and try again" message. Is there anyone out there to help my aging brain to overcome this? I have removed the expired card details and cleared my cache/data in both app & browsers security, but nothing seems to help! I'm hoping that there's some kind generous soul out there, in this great world of ours, who is able to help me!? Thanks for just stopping by & HUUUGE thanks in anticipation of your kindness and help. Take care and be safe!!
Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Stupotty65 

Why did you not edit and update it rather than remove and re-add?

Anyway if you have removed it then you may have to wait 72 hours before trying to link it again to allow Paypal system to play catch-up. 

If that fails then your best bet is to ask customer services to link it for you.

Contact options for each countries Paypal customer services are accessed by clicking help/contact bottom left of Paypal pages.

1. Paypal phones when available (you can use the guest option if you can't log in).
2. Live chat is also randomly available.
3. You can send them a message, during business hours you may also be able to message whilst logged out.
Or
4. Have you considered contacting Customer Service via Facebook or Twitter?
You can send them a personal message from their Facebook or Twitter pages.
It's: https://www.facebook.com/PayPal and @AskPayPal for Twitter.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.