Can push funds to Linked Bank Account but can't pull funds into PayPal

HoovicHoo90
Contributor
Contributor

I recently linked a 2nd Canadian Bank account to my PayPal account using Transit, Institution and Account #s (my Bank was not listed under the more common banks so that direct log in “secure tunnel”  approach was not an option). PayPal did the 2 micro deposits thing, and I confirmed the account a few days later and it showed up “confirmed” (I thought) on the web site but maybe only partially on the PayPal App. (Android version).

The issue I have (based on my experience so far) may be due to the fact I used the PayPal App to link the account, and not the web site. So after doing so, while in the App, I get a red caution triangular flag saying “ Accept Mandate” but there is no way to do so. On the Web there is no such flag!.  Also, I don’t get the option to make this account “Primary” on either interface.

NOTE: I am able to push funds out of PayPal to this account, but not able to pull funds from that account into PayPal. I am also able to make a PayPal online payment from this account on e-Bay.

The issue (I have confirmed see below) is not with my Bank.  PayPal admits to this as an issue (and there are others experiencing a similar issue in the Community) but their methods to correct it so far have not worked.  1) wait 1 to 3days ; 2)  remove the account on my end 1st, and then after another call,  “officially” on their end. Then, wait a day or 2 and re-link it, etc…

So I tried a different approach. I linked this same account to my wife’s PayPal account using the Web site interface (not my App on the phone) , and after a few days, and  2 micro deposits, I confirmed the account (also with the web site) and voila it all works OK.

I am able to make the account primary on my wife's PayPal account, on either the web site or the App interface and there is no “Accept Mandate” warning on the App either. When I look at the linked account details in the APP it shows “Status:  Confirmed” and “Mandate :  Accepted”.  NOTE: I don’t see any  reference to Mandates field  on the USA accounts I have linked in PayPal so it may be a Canadian requirement.  My other Canadian account linked to PayPal also shows a “Mandate   Accepted” field.
Nevertheless, this same account works fine with my wife’s PayPal Account.

Knowing this account does link up OK with another PayPal account,  I tried to get PayPal to completely remove reference to this account in my PayPal profile which they said they would do a “full reset” but I asked if it would let me completely re-confirm it requesting new micro deposits again and they said no. They said it won’t ask for micro deposits because that linked account has been “confirmed” already hence “no need to do that again”. Left me with zero confidence this was going to work but I waited 2 days and re-linked the bank account and it immediately confirmed itself without need to wait for micro deposits and yes, the same issue is still here.  So I believe the confirmation process using the APP got  corrupted in the 1st place and I need to get that completely cleared out and start a completely new “fresh” linking and confirmation for this bank account like I did when I added it to my wife’s PayPal account.

So my final question (sorry for the long intro) is: How do I get PayPal to completely remove reference in their database of my linked bank account in my PayPal profile?  This “soft” “remove bank” approach on my end and their “more rigorous” removal of the account on their end does not really remove it and no-one seems to want to do that. They keep trying to remove the account but that just seems to remove it the same way I do and the corrupted confirmation data is still there when it gets re-added.  I would appreciate if someone could  point me to the correct area /dept. in PayPal to get the proper help I need.

Otherwise I may have to open a new PayPal account and close my existing and start all over.

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.