Withdraw in USD instead of local currency

PeterStenberg
Contributor
Contributor

We are having most of our clients from outside of our country and we are receiving payment in USD. Most of our suppliers are also overseas and are charging us in USD. We have a bank account in USD. But why cant PayPal pay out in USD? Why does it have to be converted to our local currency to withdraw?    

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

indianhair
Contributor
Contributor

You can as you like.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Tana

Welcome to PayPal Headstart Community!

PayPal is operating based on country-specific in compliance with the local financial regulations. Hence, when you are withdrawing a foreign currency from your PayPal account, it will be converted to the local currency first. This is the local financial regulation that we follow for withdrawals.

PayPal operates in 190 markets and we develop standard policies to ensure we fully comply with regulations in different jurisdictions. While we continuously improve our products and services to serve local markets, some features may not be available now. Please be patient and we definitely value your suggestion.

-Tana

Login to Me Too

consul
Contributor
Contributor
This is a very good request. Tina, I hope this feature will be available soon. Afterall, the account to withdraw to will be in USD so there is no conversion issue there. For now, what we do is to withdraw the funds to our local currency savings account immediately as the funds appear on Paypal. In order to simplify our business transactions, we set a fixed conversion from USD to our local currency. Whatever the discrepancy will be treated as an expense (transaction charge). When we need to use our Paypal account for purchases, it is funded through our debit card.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.