paying with paypal on merchant sites

Trala19
Contributor
Contributor

When I am on a site and want to pay with paypal, why doesn't my CC come up as an option (the CC is linked)? It only shows paypal balance or bank account, but the CC is the preferred method.

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Trala19 

Did you confirm the card after adding it?

Does the billing address of the card exactly match the address on your paypal account?

Does the card have available funds?

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Trala19
Contributor
Contributor

yes to all the questions.  I can use the card most of the time, but sometimes it just doesn't show up in the list to pick from.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

Hi @Trala19,

Welcome to the PayPal Community Forum! Thank you for your post!

I understand that it may cause frustration when you find that your card on file is not presented as a payment option in a checkout. This may potentially be due to some element of risk with the circumstances of the transaction, or possibly a problem with a previous transaction with that card. I would recommend trying the transaction on a different date, or using a different payment method if you need to complete the transaction more immediately.

I'm sorry for the inconvenience.

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.