i want to cancel a subscription but find it impposible

kerrie127
Contributor
Contributor

this company is just impossible to get to cancel,so i cancelled the automatic monthly payment that i had via paypal.what can happen now?do they contact me,or keep trying to charge me.even their help page is a minefield to navigate

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Ayesha

Hello @kerrie127,

Welcome to PayPal Community Forum and thank you for posting!

I understand your concern about the subscription on the account. An automatic payment authorizes a merchant to charge you whenever you make a purchase on their website without signing in to your PayPal account. This is something that's set up on the first checkout with the merchant. The terms of the authorization will be available in your PayPal account. Please note that canceling a payment doesn’t cancel your contract with the merchant. The merchant can still be able to charge you. In this situation, as you have already canceled the automatic payment, you need to reach out to the merchant to cancel it from their end and get a refund from them for unauthorized charges as we don't have the option to refund the transaction. Please check this link on how to get a refund from the seller.

I hope this information helps,
Ayesha

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.