Withdrawal I made to my bank account is still missing, help please

10Karlito
Contributor
Contributor

So, I made a withdrawal on 27th of April for the amount of 680,37 euros. And its not arriving still.
Contacted PayPal and they are giving me reference number and saying contact the bank.
I contacted the bank and they said they can't locate the funds since they need swift copy UETR reference/number of the transaction.
I asked PayPal for it and they said they can't issue me with that.
So basically bank is saying they do not see money on my side and I should contact PayPal, and when I do I just get generic responses like "your money is on your bank account here is your reference number".
I told them that my bank can't locate the funds with that reference and what they actually need is UETR.
But their respond staying the same.
Even when I call them in Ireland (and lose 2e per minute talking to them) they are just escalating tickets and say to wait for 72h.
I waited 4 times for 72h and nothing happened.
Can someone help me and give me some contact of any other team in PayPal other then their generic support agents that are not reading nor helping me?  Thanks

I do not want to lose my money man..

Login to Me Too
7 REPLIES 7

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

TheCardiologist
Contributor
Contributor
I have the same issue with cca 1000 USD withdrawn to my Hungarian bank account. Money was withdrawn on 21 April, and it never arrived. My bank says they don't see anything, Paypal says they sent the money but won't give the kind of confirmation my bank requires. I don't know how to move forward and I need the money...
Login to Me Too

10Karlito
Contributor
Contributor
Same here, same story. This is first time happening to me, so their middle bank created problem to us.
Login to Me Too

TheCardiologist
Contributor
Contributor
When I told their customer agent that I think my money is stuck at a third party, she told me that there's no third party involved in the withdrawal....I suggest we keep updating each other if one of us succeeds?
Login to Me Too

10Karlito
Contributor
Contributor
There is always third party And they said to me there is third party and they provided me the reference number that third party gave them. I ll keep you posted
Login to Me Too

TheCardiologist
Contributor
Contributor
Hi, my missing money was put back on my paypal acc. today after almost 2 months. I wrote them every day with my questions, submitted an official claim through the website and threatened them with turning to their supervising authority and the ECC-Network in Hungary. I can't say which one of these worked, if any, but after receiving the same useless messages I just saw the amount put back. There was no notification about it either...strange. They deducted cca. 6 USD as if it was my mistake that they messed up my bank account no. There really was no 3rd bank in my case as it turned out, they use a Hungarian Unicredit account for Hungary based withdrawals. So all in all, I don't have any better advice than keep pushing despite their annoying template answer no matter what they reply. Everyday is a new chance to meet someone better at their job. I talked to cca. 20 diff. Agents and some of them didn't even know what a SWIFT transfer was. Hope you succeed, too!
Login to Me Too

10Karlito
Contributor
Contributor

Hey ther
A lot of stress from my side either I can message you privately if you have some social.
But anyways they said they sent money on 27th of April and I ve got statement from my bank where I could see that they sent money on 30th of May. Full month later. Now I received my money, sent by Bank Of America thru Unicredit Serbia to my bank account. Crazy story. 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.